Clear All

• 10-11 Limited Basketball

10-11 Limited Basketball
    Hobby Release Date: October 27, 2010
    Hobby Configuration: 7 Cards, 1 Pack, 15 Boxes
    Hobby Pack SRP: $100.00

Case Break
    • One of the following will be in each case
    • An Autograph Memorabilia Rookie #’d to 10 or less (Material Phenom Gold and Platinum Spotlight)
    • An Autograph Prime Memorabilia #’d to 10 or less (Freshman Jumbo Prime Signatures & Jersey Numbered Prime Signatures, Jumbo Prime Signature and Jumbo Jersey Numbered Prime Signatures, Decade Dominance Prime Signatures, Glass Cleaners Prime Signature, Retired Numbers Prime Signatures)
    • A Limited Trios Signature #’d to 49 or less

Box Break
    • Three Autographs or Memorabilia Cards (One Autograph Guaranteed. Every other box will deliver 2 Autos and 1 Memorabilia Card)
    • One Legend or Parallel #’d to 199 or less
    • Three Cards from the following: Common, Insert or Parallel #’d to 199 or less

Highlights
    • Look for Rookie Photo Shoot Next -Day Autographs of 2010-11 NBA Rookies
    • On-Card Autographs for Glass Cleaners, Decade Dominance and Retired Numbers including such players as Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson, Scottie Pippen, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, George Gervin, Calvin Murphy and Kobe Bryant
    • Look for Limited Trios Signatures of current stars and All-Time Greats such as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Allen Iverson, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash - all #’d to 49 or less
    • Jumbo Prime Signatures #’d to 5 or less
    • Base Set 100 cards #’d to 199
    • 40 Rookies #’d to 249

Our Box Break:

Base Cards

The base cards have a very smooth foil like surface. The player's main team color is used on the bottom left and right side of the card. There are 100 base cards in the set. The base card we pulled was a Michael Redd #176/199.

Parallel Cards

The parallel cards have the same design as the base cards except it has a rainbow like tint to the surface. We pulled a Kobe Bryant Parallel #38/149.

Glass Cleaners

The Glass Cleaners insert set features some of the game's best rebounders. The card has a glass backboard in the background with the team logo shown in the middle of the card. We pulled a Kevin McHale #138/149.

Limited Trios

The Limited Trios insert set showcases three different players from either a certain team, decade, draft class, or position. There are card combinations of Kobe Bryant/Pau Gasol/Lamar Odom and Kobe Bryant/Kevin Durant/Lebron James. There are 10 different trio cards in this insert set. We pulled a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar/Larry Bird/Magic Johnson #52/149.

Game Used Cards

We pulled a Game Used card of Amare Stoudemire #193/199. The Game Used cards are thick and have the same design as the base cards. The jersey swatch is placed directly in the center of the card.

The second Game Used card we pulled was a Xavier Henry Freshman Jumbo Patch #21/25. This card has a beautiful Jumbo 3 Color Swatch of the featured Rookie on the top left side of the card. The player photo is on the right side of the card.

Autographed Card

The Autograph Card we pulled was a James Anderson Freshman Jumbo Patch Numbers Signatures #4/10. These cards have a similar design to the Freshman Jumbo Patch cards. The autograph is a sticker autograph that is directly below the swatch.

Final Thoughts

Panini has improved their Limited product compared to last season. The base cards are slick and nicely use different colors to bring out the design of the card. There are numerous insert sets that will appeal to many different collectors. I love the Limited Trios insert set. One of my favorite card designs in this product are the Freshman Jumbo Patch cards which feature multi colored swatches of some of the NBA's rising young stars. In only its second year of releasing basketball cards, I like the future of Panini Basketball products.

Here is how I would rate this product:

Value = 5
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 4
    Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an A- for Panini!

NPN:

NPN 2010-11 Panini Limited Basketball
    2300 E. Randol Mill
    Arlington, TX 76011-6333

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope.

Canadian residents answer this question: 61 plus 793 divided by 793 times 788 minus 29 = ?

Postmarked by 1/12/11

Limit to 2 entries per household.
    Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

I would like to thank Panini & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

The "Trios" card is fantastic..but that Anderson Autographed Patch is SWEEEEEET!.

Great review Kerwin for a great product!
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I love that they still pay homage to the old school players

Comment

Awesome Product!
        Click My Banner To See My Bucket
        Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

Oh man the look of this product is killer!
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
          A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

The Anderson, and Henry cards are beautiful. Nice looking base cards I really like this product. Boy that Limited Trios insert is just screaming for a triple auto on it.

Comment

Nice review, I also agree that Limited has improved considerably. I also love the freshman jumbo swatches, Panini has packed out some really nice patches!
              "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Nice review, the Auto patch is sick

Comment

Pretty cool sleek simple design of these cards. Great stuff!

I love the knee brace that McHale is wearing.

And love the old school cards they are putting in a lot of products these days. And lots of Celtics in everything now. Which is sweet for my collecting addiction!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                  Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                  Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                  MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                  NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                  NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                  NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                  I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Nice review and the game used cards all look sweet.

Would be sweet to get that Trios card autographed too....

Roy
                    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

These cards make me wish I had more money. My first exposure to them I saw a guy open 12 boxes/packs in the card shop and was amazed at what i saw him pull. But at $100 bux a box I guess he got what he paid for.

Comment

These cards look incredible.
                        For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
                        sigpic

Comment

sweet product, love the design of the cards.
                          HOFFMOEN
                          Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                          http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                          Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Sweet break! Love the Glass Cleaners Inserts & the Amare GU'd! Too bad there was no Harangody involved!

Comment

The two rookies look cool, but I can't see myself buy 1 pack essentially for that amount of money.
                              I collect
                              All players who played for the Bulls/Spurs plus

Bulls PC 5131 of 32,841 (15.6%)
                              Spurs PC 3319 of 22,829 (14.5%)

Comment

Working...
                              X