10-11 Panini Classics Basketball
    • Hobby Box Configuration: 18 Packs Per Box, 8 Cards Per Pack
    • Hobby Box SRP: About $75 to $80

Box Break
    • 2 Autographs (including 1 Autographed Rookie #/d 699 or less) per Box
    • 2 Memorabilia Cards per Box
    • At Least 1 Legend (#/d 999) per Box

Highlights
    • Find at least 1 of these Autographs per case: Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Blake Griffin, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jerry West, Bill Walton, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Amare Stoudemire, or John Wall.
    • Look for at least 1 on card Autographed Rookie (#/d 699 or less) per box!
    • Significant Signatures (#d/99 or less) feature the ink marks of current stars and some prime time players from the past.
    • Classic Combos Jerseys Prime feature prime swatches of materials from some of the game's great duos.
    • Back by popular demand: Blast from the Past Signature Jerseys (#/d 25 or less).
    • 180 Card Base Set includes 100 Commons, 40 Legends (#/d 999), 40 Autographed Rookies (#/d 699 or less)

Our Box Break:

Base Cards

The base cards have a very simple design to them which showcases the featured player. The player's name and team is on the top of the card with the player position and jersey number to the left of the picture. The base cards use the team colors as the background for the card. We pulled a complete 100 card base set with several duplicates cards.

Numbered Cards

There are 40 Legends cards in the set which fall at 1 per box. We pulled a Legend card of Michael Finley #/d 999. The Legend cards have the same design as the base cards except it uses black and red as the background colors. We also pulled 2 Timeless Tributes Parallel cards: Pau Gasol Platinum #/ed 25 and Glenn Robinson Legend Silver #/ed 250.

Insert Cards

The Blast from the Past insert set highlights both past and present players. The jersey number is on the top right of the featured player with a background of stars on the bottom of the card. We pulled 2: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Troy Murphy.

This is my favorite design of all the inserts. The Classic Combos feature 2 players from the same team who played as that team's 1-2 punch. It has a light brown background with the Classic Combos title separating both players. We pulled a Magic Johnson/James Worthy card.

The Classic Greats insert set features past superstars with a short description of their career accomplishments. It has a tan background with the team logo in a stencilled like pattern on the bottom of the card. We pulled 2: Patrick Ewing Silver #/d 250 and Connie Hawkins.

The Classic Moments insert set features news and highlights for the NBA player pictured. The card is designed as a newspaper front page storyline. We pulled a Lebron James card.

The Dress Code insert set features the top players from each team. The card has a red background with the team logo in the middle of the card. We pulled 2: Blake Griffin and Jason Kidd.

Autographed Cards

We pulled 2 Autographed Rookies from this box: Quincy Pondexter #/d 699 and Lance Stephenson #/d 699. The autographs are on card autographs. I really like the look of the rookie cards from this year's product. The team colors are used in the background with the word Rookie to the left of the featured player.

Game Used Cards

Our first Game Used card was an Andre Iguodala Membership Jersey #/d 499. The card has a yellow background with the white swatch to the right of the featured player. The swatch is surrounded by a blue wreath like border.

The second Game Used card and my favorite pull of this box was a Karl Malone/John Stockton Classic Combos Jersey #/d 99. Pulling a Dual Jersey of 2 Hall of Famers is the icing on the cake. Having two different jersey swatch colors makes this card stick out more to collectors.

Final Thoughts

Panini has improved their Classics product compared to last season. The card designs look better and smoother compared to their last product release. I really like how Panini includes a checklist in the box. This is great for collectors who want to know what number or how many cards are in a particular insert set. Another great selling point to collectors is you can get a complete 100 card base set in just 1 box. I love the Classic Combos insert set and design. The Autographed Rookies have a very nice smooth design to them and are on card autographs. The best pull of the box was the Karl Malone/John Stockton Dual Jersey. Classics is a product that has a old school retro feel to the cards. Being a Lakers fan, I was thrilled to pull several inserts of past Lakers players. I am looking forward to seeing the next product release of Classics.

Here is how I would rate this product:

Value = 4
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 4
    Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product a B- for Panini!

NPN:

Panini America Inc
    NPN 2010-11 Panini Classics Basketball
    5325 FAA Blvd Suite 100A
    Irving, TX 75061

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope.

Canadian residents answer this question: 770 plus 417 divided by 216 times 144 minus 92 = ?

Postmarked by 6/18/11

Limit to 2 entries per household.
    Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

I would like to thank Panini & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

nice review, good looking product. Love that malone/stockton card, its just sweet.

Comment

nice review! The base card designs are really cool

Comment

Great product, love the design! Although that LeBron classic moments insert is garbage.

Hopefully Panini also gave an insert to the game where he went back to Cleveland and LOST.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I like how the legend cards are more than just Bird, Magic, Dr. J etc. They are branching off and getting lesser stars which is cool. I like getting a pack and seeing that I got a Chris Mullin. It changes things up. Plus it gets people to see who some of these players were.
          I collect
          All players who played for the Bulls/Spurs plus

Bulls PC 5131 of 32,841 (15.6%)
          Spurs PC 3319 of 22,829 (14.5%)

Comment

I don't know about the new design of the base cards. I thought last year's design was very elegant and simple. I thought the auto'd RCs last year were pretty spectacular and classy. This year they look like gawdy kid's cards to me with all the big, blocky bright colors...like building blocks.

Comment

nice review.awesome pondexter auto.like all the lakers inserts too.

Comment

sweet dual JSY. I'm not a fan of this year's classics. The only positive is the on-card autos.

Leland
                I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Love the Malone / Stockton card. Thanks for the review
                  sigpic

CLICK ON RICHARD PETTY'S SWEET RIDE TO SEE MY ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY. GREAT DEALS ON CARDS!!!

Comment

For the most part I like these. I like the fact that they are very different from past years.

I don't care a lot for the HUGE number on the base cards. Would have loved to have seen the team logo in that spot maybe.

Very nice review. Gives me something new to chase!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

nice looking cards, esp the dual
                      Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

nice cards cool dual gu tx bob
                        UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

really like all the onc ard autos in the set
                          Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

not a bad product at all.. the HOF stuff is always a plus !

Comment

Working...
                            X