Clear All

• 10-11 Panini Totally Certified Basketball

10-11 Panini Totally Certified Basketball
    $20 Per 5 Card Pack
    6 Packs Per Box
    12 Boxes Per Case

Box Break
    30 Cards Including:
    • 6 Autographs or Memorabilia Cards (at least 2 Autographs #/d 599 or less)
    • 2 Mirror Reds (#/d 499)
    • 4 Other Inserts (#/d 499 or less)

Case Break
    Each case includes one or more of the following:
    • An Autograph from Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Blake Griffin, or John Wall, a 1 of 1 card, or an Autograph #/d 5 or less

Highlights
    • 185 card base set includes 150 Commons and 35 Rookies (#/d 599)
    • All Rookies feature on card autographs
    • Look for Totally Red Autographs (#/d 99), Totally Gold Autographs (#/d 25), Totally Green Autographs (#/d 5), and Totally Black Autographs (#/d 1)
    • Find Totally Certified Fabric of the Game Jumbo Jersey Prime oversized swatch cards (#/d 25), and Totally Certified Fabric of the Game Jumbo Team Prime cards (#/d 25)
    • Also look for these Memorabilia Cards: Totally Red, Totally Blue, Totally Gold (#/d 25), Totally Green (#/d 5), and Totally Black (#/d 1)
    • More than 525 1 of 1 cards!
    • Find Panini HRX Video Trading Cards!

Introducing Panini HRX - the industry's first video trading card!
    • More than 200 Panini HRX video cards will be available via redemption in packs of 10-11 Totally Certified BK!

LOOK FOR:
    • 50 Kobe Bryant cards (10 Autographed!)
    • 50 Blake Griffin cards (10 Autographed!)
    • 50 Kevin Durant cards (10 Autographed!)
    • 50 John Wall cards (10 Autographed!)
    • Also find 1 of 1 Gold Autographed HRX cards - one for each of the four Panini Exclusive Players!

Certified is back, but is Totally redesigned in comparison to last year's offering.

What We Pulled

Base Cards

The base design should immediately remind you of the Metal products of the mid 1990s. A player image is superimposed to a silver and metallic, nearly refractor like surface. A triangular shape is placed right behind the player. The player's name and team name appear in a black box at the bottom of the card. The back of the card shows complete stats from the recent 10-11 NBA season, along with a little biography about the player. These cards look great, they are the type you need to see in person to appreciate. All the base cards are each serial numbered to 1849 copies. Out of our box, we were able to pull 17 out of 150 base cards, including one duplicate. The base set might be out of reach unless you buy a case or trade heavily.

Parallel Cards

The parallels are where the product shines. Remember those highly sought after Precious Metal Gems of the mid 1990s? These cards borrow quite a few elements from those rarities. Not much different from the base, except for the silver background being changed to a different color, and the corresponding parallel name being placed in the upper right corner of the card. There are five different levels of parallels: Totally Red (#/d 499), Totally Blue (#/d 299), Totally Gold (#/d 25), Totally Green (#/d 5), and Totally Black (#/d 1). Due to the refractor like surface of the cards, the parallel colors seem to shimmer; it's a neat effect. We were able to pull 4 Totally Reds (including 1 duplicate), 2 Totally Blue, and 1 Totally Gold.

Memorabilia Cards

The most basic of the hit cards in this product. The Totally Memorabilia are comparable to the Totally parallels, with the exception of the memorabilia pieces embedded in the card. The memorabilia set also shares variations with the parallels: Totally Red (#/d 249), Totally Blue (#/d 99), Totally Gold (#/d 25), Totally Green (#/d 5), and Totally Black (#/d 1). We were able to pull Totally Red hits of Vince Carter and Thaddeus Young, and a Totally Blue hit of Brandon Jennings.

Fabric of the Game is Certified's staple memorabilia set throughout the entire brand in all sports. This iteration is redesigned to fit in with the rest of the new Totally Certified. Collectors should be happy to know that this year's Fabric of the Game set exclusively uses jumbo swatches, instead of jumbo swatches being harder to come by like in last year's product. Unlike last year, there are only 2 jersey cut designs, and they both have their own card designs. They are Jersey Number and Team Name. Our pull was a Manu Ginobili Jersey Number, limited to 99 copies. Diamonds line the middle of the card in the background, and a big cut out jersey number is located in a square to the left of the card. The card is decked out in the team colors and has the metallic finish like the rest of the set. There is a healthy mix of retired players, veterans, stars, and young players within the set's checklist.

Autograph Cards

We pulled a redemption card for Andrew Bogut, from the Totally Red Autograph set limited to 49 copies. It would be the same as the regular Totally Red parallel, with the exception of an autograph sticker applied to the card.

Our main hit of the box. What is not to like about this type of card? On the right side is the word "Rookie" cut into the card, which is filled with a generous amount of Jersey swatch. A body shot takes up the left side of the card. A big bonus is that all the rookie autographs are on card, making this rookie set a definite winner. We were able to pull one of the top rookies, DeMarcus Cousins, limited to 593 copies.

Final Thoughts

There is a lot to like about the redesigned Certified. Parallels are aplenty and will make for a nice rainbow chase for player collectors. On card Rookie Autograph cards with generous amounts of Jersey swatch are an upgrade over last year's rookie cards; as is the now jumbo swatch only Fabric of the Game set. Although we didn't pull one, the HRX Videocards are sure to be huge hits to pull. With the price of a box, it would be nice to have more packs per box, along with more base cards in order to complete a base set. Overall, another nice effort by Panini as the 10-11 Hobby Season nears to a close.

Pros
    • On card rookie autographs
    • HRX Videocards are an amazing concept
    • Nice parallels, reminiscent of Precious Metal Gems

Cons
    • Not a $20 per pack product, more packs per box would have been nice
    • Base set not easy to complete

Ratings

Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I give this product an A- for Panini!

NPN Information
    Panini America Inc.
    NPN 2010-11 Panini Totally Certified Basketball
    5325 FA Blvd
    Suite 100A
    Irving, TX 75061-3601

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope.

Canadian residents answer this question: 255 plus 252 divided by 274 times 137 minus 179 = ?

Postmarked by 9/7/11

Limit to 2 entries per household.
    Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

I would like to thank Panini & Card Collectors World for giving me the opportunity to review this product.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Wow that Cousins Auto Jersey Rookie looks sick. Looks a lot better than the Rookie Auto design from last year's product. Congrats on the great pull!

Comment

Good review, the base cards are plain at best but the colored parallel's help. The hits were ok but alittle to standard to spend 20 bucks on a pack. I will probably stay away from most of this set.

Comment

Sick Cousins!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Wow, great Cousins hit . Awesome review too!
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
          A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

The design is fairly basic, but I like how everything is numbered.
            I collect
            All players who played for the Bulls/Spurs plus

Bulls PC 5131 of 32,841 (15.6%)
            Spurs PC 3319 of 22,829 (14.5%)

Comment

very nice...plan on picking up a box at the national today...
              Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

Nice review!

Comment

Nice review and nice on card auto of Cousins.
                  Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

nice looking cards. great review
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

NICE! I think I like the old Certified layout better, with 10 packs and 4-5 hits, plus it was cheaper. I do like the foil on the base cards and the on-card rookie autos.

Leland
                      I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                      http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                      I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Kind of cool cards. Another something for me to chase. Great review Kenny!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Nice product
                          Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                          sigpic

Comment

nice review, parallels look nice.
                            Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

nice review, i like this product cause
                              1.every pack has a hit
                              2.all cards are #rd

Comment

Working...
                              X