Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Topps Football

2010 TOPPS FOOTBALL

Find (1) Autograph Card or Relic Card in every Hobby Box!!
    BASE CARDS - 440 cards (9 per Hobby Pack)
    - Veterans - 262 subjects
    - Rookies - 110 subjects
    - Classic Matches - 5 subjects
    - All Pro - 27 subjects
    - Teams - 32 subjects
    - MVP, ROY, & Defensive ROY - 4 subjects
    PARALLEL CARDS - 1,760 cards
    - Platinum - 440 subjects (1 of 1!)
    - Black - 440 subjects (Numbered^ to 55)
    - Gold - 440 subjects (Numbered^ to 2010)
    - Printing Plates - 440 subjects (Each is a 1 of 1)
    75 ANNIVERSARY NFL DRAFT CARDS - 175 cards
    - Cut Signatures - 75 subjects (1 of 1!)
    - Inserts - 50 subjects (Hobby Packs 1:6)
    - Autographs - 50 subjects (Numbered^ to 10)
    TOPPS FOOTBALL HISTORY CARDS - 96 cards
    - NEW! 1952 Bowman Football - 50 subjects (Hobby Packs 1:3)
    - NEW! Topps 55th Anniversary Reprints - 20 subjects (Hobby Packs 1:9)
    - NEW! When They Were Young - 25 subjects (Hobby Packs 1:8)
    - Ring of Honor Insert - 1 subject (1 Per Hobby Box)
    1/1 SKETCH CARDS - 100 Cards
    TICKET TO TOPPSTOWN.COM - 10 cards (1 per Hobby & Jumbo Pack)
    NEW! TOPPS GRIDIRON GIVEAWAY - Code Cards (1:6 Hobby Packs)
    ROOKIE ON-CARD AUTOGRAPHS
    - NFL Rookie Premiere - 35 subjects (Numbered^ to 90)
    - Red Autograph Parallels - 35 subjects (Numbered^ to 10)
    - NFL Rookie Premiere Dual Autographs - 5 cards (Numbered^ to 25)
    - Red Autograph Parallels - 35 subjects (Numbered^ to 5)
    - NFL Rookie Premiere Quad Autographs - 1 card (Numbered^ to 10)
    GRIDIRON LINEAGE - 45 cards
    - Inserts - 20 cards (Hobby Packs 1:4)
    - Dual Relics - 10 cards (Numbered^ to 50)
    - Dual Autographs - 15 cards (Numbered^ to 25)
    PEAK PERFORMANCE CARDS - 285 cards
    - Inserts - 50 subjects (Hobby Packs 1:4; 1 per Jumbo Pack)
    - Autographs - 58 subjects
    - Autograph Relics - 15 subjects (Numbered^ to 50; Hobby & Jumbo Only)
    - Jumbo Relics - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 20; Hobby & Jumbo Only)
    - Relics - 42 subjects
    RELIC CARDS - 25 cards (Hobby & Jumbo Boxes Only)
    - In the Name - 25 subjects (1 of 1!)
    ROOKIE RED ZONE ON CARD - 35 subjects (Jumbo Boxes ONLY)
    AUTOGRAPHS - 35 subjects
    COMBINED INSERTION RATE FOR AUTOGRAPH/RELIC* CARDS - 1 per Hobby Box; 3 per Jumbo Box
    36 packs per box, 10 cards per pack

Here is what was pulled from the break:

Base Cards:
    The base cards are great looking photos with clear colors that almost appear to be as if they are paintings. There are great portraits and action shots of players. Sub-sets within the base include Team Leaders, Classic Match-Ups, Super Bowl Champions Saints, and All Pro Team.

Rookie Cards:
    Great cards of rookies in their NFL team uniforms for the most part. Rookies who participated in the Rookie Premiere Photo Shoot have action shots and poses of all sorts. Also, be on the look out for variation SPs of some of the rookies. Rookies who were not at the shoot are usually featured in uniforms worn during mini-camp. There is a great selection of rookies available that have not been found in other products thus far this year. Unfortnutately, no Tebow or Bradford in this box.

Gold Cards:
    As with tradition Topps continues its gold bordered parallel. This year the cards are numbered to 2010.

We pulled: Seattle Seahawks, Sean Weatherspoon RC, Jermaine Cunningham RC, Levi Brown RC, Julian Edleman, and Amari Spievey.

75th Anniversary Draft:
    Great looking cards of shots of players on draft day or highlighting when they were drafted. Be on the lookout for low numbered autographed versions.

We pulled: CJ Spiller, Jim Brown, Colt McCoy, and John Elway

52 Bowman:
    Again nice colored cards with a painting look to them resembling the 52 Bowman cards.

We pulled: Reggie Wayne, DeSean Jackson, CJ Spiller, Darrelle Revis, DeMaryius Thomas, Greg Jennings, Philip Rivers, Rashard Mendenhall, Ryan Mathews, Dexter McCluster, Elvis Dumervil, Montario Hardesty

Gridiron Lineage:
    Cards comparing stats of current players and rookies to those of similar players from the past. Look for dual relics and autographed versions also.

We pulled: Dickerson/Jackson, Marshall/Thomas, Dorsett/McCoy, Johnson/Best, Sayers/Forte, Dawkins/Berry, Montana/Clausen, Dickerson/Addai, Sanchez/Namath, Peterson/Harvin

Peak Performance:
    Highlights key moments of current stars in NFL games or rookies in college games. These cards also feature relics, autographs, and autographed relic versions randomly inserted.

We pulled: DeMaryius Thomas, DeSean Jackson, Jahvid Best, Dan Marino, Montario Hardesty, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate, CJ Spiller, Joe McKnight

Topps Attax:
    These cards go along with the Topps Attax game cards that were released earlier last month. These codes are similar to the ToppsTown cards that have been in the last two years’ sets. By entering the codes it allows you to unlock free digital cards online. These were inserted in every pack.

We pulled: Troy Polamalu, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Michael Turner, Ray Lewis, Dwight Freeney, Steven Jackson, Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, DeSean Jackson, Jerod Mayo, Larry Fitzgerald, Jonathan Vilma, Ray Rice, Darren Sharper, Brandon Marshall, Matt Schuab, Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, Julius Peppers, Asante Samuel, Cedric Benson, Brian Urlacher, James Laurinaitis, Ed Reed, Maurice Jones-Drew, Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Rashard Mendenhall, Oshiomogho Atogwe, Adrian Wilson, DJ Williams, Patrick Willis, Reggie Wayne, David Harris

55th Anniversary Reprints:
    These cards feature reprints of either the player’s rookie card or another card of significance.

We pulled: Steven Jackson, Tom Brady x2, Chris Johnson, and Randy Moss

Ring of Honor:
    Topps continues with its tradition of producing the Ring of Honor Card of last year’s Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees. These are inserted one per box.

Gridiron Giveaway
    Cards with a photo of a Topps RC card on the front and a code on the back that can be entered at toppsgridiron.com
    I have entered the codes and will have a contest featuring the cards received from these codes.

Relic Card:
    Our box hit was a Peak Performance Relic Card of Dexter McCluster

Final Thoughts on 2010 Topps Football
    Topps was a fun product to open with 36 packs and 10 cards per pack. This yields a lot of great cards for a great price. Right now you can find hobby boxes for right around $50. If you want to increase your number of hits and pay a bit more you can get the HTA jumbos which yields 3 hits per box and many more cards. This is a great product for its value and the amount of quality cards you get. Each pack contains at least one insert and one rookie card. I also like the Gridiron Giveaway cards which allow you to enter codes and receive one Topps card from the past, some of which are very old and also a chance for autographed memorabilia.

Here is how I rate the product:

Value: 4
    Innovation: 3.5
    Fun & Experience: 4
    Rebuy Value: 3

Overall I would give this Topps product a “A-”

I would like to thank Card Collectors World for giving me the opportunity to review this product and Topps for supplying us with the box.

If you would like information on NPN for this product mail a 3x5 card with name, address and phone number to
    NPN 2010 Topps Football
    PO Box 2008
    Duryea, PA 18640
    These must be postmarked by November 24, 2010

STAY TUNED FOR CONTESTS WITH YOUR CHANCE TO WIN SOME OF THESE CARDS
    Last edited by leedawg62; 11-08-2010, 03:04 PM.
    I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
    http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
    I don't deal outside the US

Nice review Leland. The base cards have a nice clean look to them. I like the design of the Gridiron Lineage cards. The inclusion of Anniversary reprint cards are always great.

Comment

Nice Review! I love the set, and have bought a box and some packs of this as well, great designs, love the insert sets!

Comment

great break.. love them gridiron codes.. I see them trading/selling briskly

Comment

I think there's too many inserts. The cards are nice looking but in my opinion they could have done away with at least 2 of the inserts
          http://www.ebay.com/sch/debgram2010/...&_trksid=p3686

I trade by BV not SV, or who's hot this week.

Comment

Some thoughts on this set....

Base cards - nice color, nice design, nice product

Inserts
            I love the 52 Bowman cards
            Gold parallels are nice
            Rookie Reprints are real cool
            Gridiron giveaway....the 2 cards I won kinda suck but hey I love it
            Topps Attax - I dont play the game so I dont get it
            Peak Performance - boring
            Gridiron lineage...nice concept
            Draft cards - dont like the design of the card but again nice concept
            Ring of Honor...I got to get one of those cards lol

I bought a couple of the retail blasters and love the throwback patch cards...I was fortunate to hit a Colston - love the Saints! and Beanie Wells....yikes...beautiful cards nicely done

Comment

Contest one for this product is up:

http://community.cardboardconnection...ad.php?t=21444

Check it out and good luck!

Leland
              I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
              http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
              I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Topps is a guaranteed hit every year; this year is no different. I like the look of the base cards.
                "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Lovin the look of these cards!
                  TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                  A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Nice break.. did you happen to get any Garrett Graham? I went to high school with him

Chris

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

I like the cards this year. And some decent Patriots cards in there as well, including some GU and Autos of the rooks.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Thanks! Just bought 4 JUMBO Boxes (500 cards per box) for $20 :]

Anybody think this was a stupid move?

Comment

Working...
                        X