Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Topps Finest Football

2010 Topps Finest Football

I would first like to thank Topps for making this box available to us for review!

Configuration: 2 mini-boxes per box. There are 6 packs per mini-box and 5 cards per pack. (12 total packs per box)

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
    Every Master Box Contains:
    - 1 Rookie Autograph Numbered Patch Card - 1:2 mini-boxes!
    - 1 Rookie Autograph Numbered Dual Relic Card - 1:2 mini-boxes!
    - 2 Atomic Refractor Rookie Cards - 1 per mini box!
    - 2 Finest Cards - 1 per mini box!

CARD SETS
    AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 2 PER MASTER BOX!
    Rookie Patch Autograph Cards (35 Subjects)
    - Super-Fractor - Each is a 1 of 1!
    - Gold Refractor - Numbered to 25
    - Red Refractor - Numbered to 50
    - Black Refractor - Numbered to 75
    - Refractor - Numbered to 99
    Rookie JUMBO Patch Autograph Cards (10) - Numbered to 5
    Autograph Dual Relic Cards (50)
    - Gold Refractor - Numbered to 25
    - Black Refractor - Numbered to 75
    - Refractor - Numbered to 99
    Dual Autograph Dual Relic Cards (10) - Numbered to 10
    Triple Autograph Triple Relic Cards (10) - Numbered to 10

INSERT CARDS - 4 PER MASTER BOX!
    New! Atomic Refractor Rookie Cards (25)
    - Superior - Numbered to 50
    Finest Moments (25)

ROOKIE RED ZONE AUTOGRAPH CARDS (35 total subjects) ON-CARD AUTOGRAPHS!

FINEST MOMENTS AUTOGRAPH CARDS
    Rookies and Veterans (25)

BASE CARDS
    Veterans & Rookies (125)
    - Printing Plate - Each is a 1 of 1!
    - NEW! Mosaic Refractor - Numbered to 10!
    - Red - Numbered to 25!
    - Gold - Numbered to 50!
    - Black - Numbered to 99!
    - X-Fractor - Numbered to 399!
    - Refractor

Here’s what was in our box of 2010 Finest.

Base cards

The base cards have an “In action” photo of the player on the front. Their surroundings have been almost completely faded / blurred out, leaving the player as the focal point on the card. The players are framed top and bottom by their team colors. The Topps Finest Logo is located in one of the upper corners (Left or Right, I didn’t see what dictates its positioning) with the Team Logo centered directly below. The player’s position is to the left of the Team Logo and his jersey number is to the right. His name is at the bottom of the card and this section is silver on all of the cards, rather than being the Team Colors that frame the players. And all are done in that nice chrome technology that everyone loves. The card backs have the typical player stats (Height, weight, college, draft position, etc…), but they also include a “Finest 2009 Moment”. This is a paragraph describing a notable play from the ’09 season that set the player apart from others. Below the “Moment” are the player’s season record and career statistics for his position.

Rookie cards

The Rookie cards are just like the base veteran cards. Action photos in team uniforms framed in team colors, etc., just like the vets. I noticed that, this year, the RCs are mixed into the regular set rather than being at the end (almost like a subset). It’s a little tougher for set builders to see which ones are Rookies and which ones aren’t if you don’t have an accurate checklist.

The Rookies that were in our box were:
    Mike Kafka
    Ndamukong Suh
    Ryan Mathews
    Colt McCoy
    Taylor Price
    Arrelious Benn

Inserts

Refractors

What can be said about the Refractors? Second only to the Autographs, the Refractors are what make Topps sets collectable. And we got some nice ones.

Regular Refractors of Percy Harvin & Beanie Wells.
    An X-Fractor of Brett Favre #d 062/399
    And a Black Refractor of Vince Young #d 07/99

Finest Moments Card

One of the staples of past years makes its appearance again this year. This inserts set is set apart from the regular-issue cards by its white border. There are other differences, but the border is what tips you off that there is a special card in your hand. There are swipes of the player’s primary team color on each side of the photo and the name plate is black. The photo, swipes and name plate are all framed with silver, and again the entire card is done with chrome technology. The back of the card focuses exclusively on a “Finest Moment” in the player’s career (in contrast to the ’09 moment on the back of the base cards).

The Finest Moments we got was Montario Hardesty

Atomic Refractor Rookie Card

This is a pretty neat insert set. It consists of die-cut cards of this year’s Rookie crop with, what I'm gonna call a Fractured Refractor look to them. I’ve always liked die-cut cards, but the fractured look makes them even more appealing to me.

We pulled an Ndamukong Suh Atomic Refractor from our box.

THE HIT
    The autograph we pulled in our box was a redemption for a Mike Williams Auto Patch Red Refractor (#d out of 50). It can be kind of a hassle, but sometimes they’re worth the wait.

Final Thoughts

Overall, I enjoyed opening this box very much. Another winner for Topps! Finest has become a staple in collecting over the years and this edition doesn’t disappoint.
    Something worth mentioning (to me) is, in this box there was a base card that was damaged (a pretty noticeable crease on the front). I mention it because there are only 30 cards in a Mini Box, so it jumps right out. Also, the box that I purchased for myself had a damaged base card it.

Here's how I would rate this product on a scale of 1-5;

Value = 4.5
    Innovation = 4.5
    Fun and Experience = 4.5
    Re-buy Value = 5

I rate this product "A". It combines the “old favorites” that everyone loves, with a few “new twists” to keep it fresh.

NPN INFO:

Open only to US & Canada (except Quebec) residents.
    Hand print your name and complete address on a 3 x 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2010 Topps Finest Football
    P.O. Box 785
    Pittston, PA 18640

Only one card per envelope mailed separately, post marked by 12/22/2010 and received by 12/29/2010.
    Canadian entries are required to include the following math skill test on the 3 x 5 card:
    111+9x3-60=?

I would like to thank Topps and CCW for giving me the chance to review this product.

Support the sponsors that support CCW
    Last edited by ejiminee; 10-14-2010, 09:10 AM.
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Nice box, Williams is a good hit and the atomic cards are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
      Nice box, Williams is a good hit and the atomic cards are awesome
      Thanks for the props Dan.

Yeah, I was pleased to see that the Williams auto is a red refractor!!
      - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Finest lives up to its billing... I look forward to this product every year

Comment

Good review Dave. A lot of nice parallel cards in the box.

Comment

Finest never disappoints. I love the Atomic cards, reminds me of the popular old school inserts that have big followings.
            "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Has this box come out yet cuz i havent seen it in any stores around where i live? But wow these cards are hot and nice pick up with mike williams.

Looking for current bucs and anything from miami university (the U) let me know what you got base cards included. Looking for cards pictures anything you got lmk

Comment

Originally posted by acalle25 View Post
                Has this box come out yet cuz i havent seen it in any stores around where i live? But wow these cards are hot and nice pick up with mike williams.
                I bought a box of my own about a week ago.
                - Dave

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

sweet favre card
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                  I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

I love the look of these. And the fact that all the products coming out have tons of cards of the Patriots Rookies makes me want more and more of them.

Great review as well.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Finest is great this year. I love the atomic Rookies. Again, I just wish the numbering would be better.

Leland
                      I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                      http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                      I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Ive always liked finest- reasonable price, nice looking rookies, and the patch/autos are always sweet- I like refractors, so finest is the best set Ive found for them!

Comment

Topps finest has been their "flagship" for several years and I don't see that changing with the history that they have been able to put together. Of course the refractors, black refractors and x-fractors and the like just seem to stay popular with collectors to boot. Nice cards and nice break.

Comment

Absolutely sick looking set. Awesome stuff!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                            Johnson/Mears/
                            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Good review - nice looking cards

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                              Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                              Orioles Autos I need
                              Baseball HOFers GU I need
                              Orioles GU I need
                              Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970