Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Topps Unrivaled Football

2010 Topps Unrivaled Football

I would first like to thank Topps for making this box available to us for review!

Configuration: There are 24 packs per box and 5 cards per pack.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    - 3 HITS per HOBBY BOX!
    - 2 Autograph Rookie Cards per Box!
    - 1 Autograph Patch Card per Box!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    AUTOGRAPH ROOKIE CARDS (50 Rookies) - 2 per HOBBY BOX!
    Base Card Variations (50) - Variations of the 50 base rookie cards with an autograph and numbered.
    - Platinum (50) - 1/1 Hobby Exclusive!
    - Red (50) - Numbered to 10!
    - Black (50) - Numbered to 99!

Six Sigs (6 subjects/1 card) - Numbered to 10 book cards with 6 rookies and 6 autographs and Hobby Only!

Quad Rookies (12 subjects/3 cards) - These Hobby Only book cards display 4 rookies with 4 autographs and are numbered to 10.

Triple Rookies (15 subjects/5 cards) - 3 noteworthy rookies appear with their signatures on 5 different cards numbered to 10. Hobby Only!

Dual Rookies (30 subjects/15 cards) - Featuring fifteen of the most collectible Rookie pairings along with 2 autographs and numbered to 25.

AUTOGRAPH PATCH CARDS (40 Rookies/20 Veterans) - 1 per HOBBY BOX!
    Patch Relics (60) - Each of these 40 rookies and 20 veterans appear alongside a patch from his jersey as well as an autograph on numbered cards.
    - Platinum (60) - 1/1 Hobby Exclusive!
    - Red (60) - Numbered to 10!
    - Black (60) - Numbered to 50!
    Jumbo Patches (60) - The same rookies and veterans as above this time displayed with their autograph and a JUMBO patch piece. Numbered to 15.

Dual Jumbo Relics (20 subjects/10 cards) - Popular book cards highlighting 2 players with 2 autographs and 2 JUMBO relics numbered to 10. Hobby Only!

Dual Jumbo Patches (20 subjects/10 cards) - 10 hobby only cards presenting 2 players and 2 autographs and 2 JUMBO patch swatches and numbered to 10.

BASE CARDS (150 subjects) - 5 per Hobby Pack!
    Veterans - 100 outstanding gridiron stalwarts.
    - Unrivaled (100) - 1:6 Hobby Packs!

Rookies - 50 apprentices numbered to 999.

PARALLEL BASE CARDS (150 subjects)
    - Platinum (150) - 1/1 Hobby Exclusive!
    - Printing Plates (150 subjects/600 plates) - 1/1 Hobby Exclusive!
    - Blue (150) - Numbered to 10!
    - Red (150) - Numbered to 25!
    - Black (150) - Numbered to 99!
    - Gold (150) - Numbered to 499!

UNRIVALED RELIC CARDS (95 subjects)
    Triple Relics (30 subjects/10 cards) - A rookie, veteran and retired legend appear together with 3 relics on 10 different cards numbered.

Rookies - 25 impressive newcomers with a relic and numbered.

Veterans - 25 top players with a relic and numbered.

Greats - 15 acclaimed retired players with a relic and numbered.

UNRIVALED INSERT CARDS (95 subjects)
    Triple Relics (30 subjects/10 cards) - Featuring 1 rookie, 1 veteran, and 1 retired legend numbered to 299.

Rookies (25) - Hopeful rookies numbered to 199.

Greats (15) - Top retired players numbered to 499.

Veterans (25) - 25 veterans numbered to 999.

ROOKIE RED ZONE CARDS (35 subjects) - Created on-site at the 2010 Rookie Premiere Photo Shoot, these cards feature on-card autographs penned by 35 stellar rookies and numbered to 100.

Here’s what was in our box of 2010 Unrivaled.

Base cards

The base cards have an “In action” photo of the player on the front. The backgrounds have a faded out style in a Matte finish. The glossy player photos look as if it were added over the background to make them stand out better. The players are framed underneath by their team colors, shaped in an almost “U” shape. The Topps Unrivaled Logo is located in the center, below the player, with the players’ name, team and position below that. Foil accents all of the base cards and is silver on all of the cards. The card backs have the typical player stats (Height, weight & draft position), and a brief “Bio”. Below the bio is the player’s season record and career statistics.

We got all 100 of the base veterans and 5 doubles.

Rookie cards

The Rookie cards are just like the base veteran cards. Action photos in team uniforms framed in team colors, etc..., just like the vets. Unlike the majority of Topps products I’ve seen this year, the RCs are at the end of the checklist, as they have been in years past.

The 3 Rookies that were in our box were:
    Ryan Mathews
    Eric Decker
    Carlton Mitchell

Inserts / Parallels

We got 2 inserts in our box. One was an Unrivaled Greats card of Steve Young numbered to 499. The other was an Unrivaled Veterans card of Matt Ryan numbered to 999. They are horizontal cards that have a photo of the player on the right above his name and position. The logo of their team is on the left between the “Unrivaled” logo (above) and the card’s numbering (below). The backs have the Player name and position, followed by a paragraph describing what makes them “Unrivaled”.

We got 3 cards that weren’t listed in the description above. They are thicker than the regular base cards and have gold foil in place of the base silver foil. They are also numbered to 759. They remind me of the thick cards that were inserted into Platinum earlier this year, except that these are veterans and the ones in Platinum were rookies.

The thick cards that came in our box are:
    Mike Wallace
    Jerome Harrison
    Larry Fitzgerald

We also got 3 Gold parallel cards. These are numbered to 499 and have gold coloring on the upper portion of the card, in place of the background.

The gold cards we got were:
    Randy Moss
    Brandon Jacobs
    Emmanuel Sanders

There was also a Black parallel card in this box. These are numbered to 99 and have black filling in the top part of the card.

Ours was:
    Damian Williams

THE HITS

The 2 Rookie base autographs in our box were of C.J. Spiller and Mike Williams. The Spiller auto is numbered of 125. The Williams is a redemption and I assume it will have similar / the same numbering.

The Williams Auto Exchange came in last week! (1/28/11)

The Autographed Patch card was Golden Tate numbered to 349.

Final Thoughts

Overall, a decent card set at a reasonable price. We got the entire base set (veterans), but only 3 rookies. It'll take some work to put the entire set together. One of the only things I do not care for, the patch card is a plain one color white piece. It would be nicer if they were multicolor patches.

Here's how I would rate this product on a scale of 1-5;

Value = 4.5
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 4
    Re-buy Value = 4

I rate this product "B". There was a complete base set (1-100) in this box. It’s a nice card set, but there weren't enough RCs in the box for me.

NPN INFO:
    Open only to US & Canada (except Quebec) residents.
    Hand print your name and complete address on a 3 x 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2010 Topps Unrivaled Football
    P.O. Box 764
    Pittston, PA 18640

Only one card per envelope mailed separately, post marked by 02/16/2011 and received by 02/23/2011.
    Canadian entries are required to include the following math skill test on the 3 x 5 card:
    26+9x2-12=?

I would like to thank Topps and CCW for giving me the chance to review this product.

Support the sponsors that support CCW
    Last edited by ejiminee; 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM.
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Great review bro! Thanks for all the great scans!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Great hit.. I would be thrilled to hit a Spiller auto and a Tate auto!

Comment

Great review! It's a decent product, I like that you get a complete base set out of one box.
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

very nice review! nice looking set

Comment

nice Tate!......fantastic review!
            Randy
            United States Air Force, Retired
            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
            balance of life, an individual diagnosed
            with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Nice review Dave. You pulled some great autos from the box. I like the base design of the cards. It reminds me of Topps Threads Basketball.

Comment

Great review and nice hits, card design is real nice.
                HOFFMOEN
                Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Wow, players on the base cards really pop out at you almost 3-D like. Very nice! Redemption cards, blah!

Comment

I do not have one card from this product but would like to obtain some....I do like the look
                    Pics: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/casket_photos/

Comment

Great review....

My brother bought a pack of these yesterday. The design seems a little simple but the hits look nice.
                      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Looks like a pretty good box for hits. I personally opened some of this and not my favorite Topps product, but not my least favorite either.
                        Emmitt Smith and Cowboys collector!

Comment

With all the other card companies defunct Topps rules with every product it puts out the young upstarts Paninni and Tristar are making great stides to improve.

a nice looking product with great inserts and Auto/GU

tx bob
                          UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

I kind of like the design of these, and nice inserts as well. This is something I would consider purchasing.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                            Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                            Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                            NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

i like this product it makes collecting football exciting!
                              U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                              http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                              Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                              Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
                              X