X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Topps Magic Football

2010 Topps Magic Football

Set Features:
    Configuration: 24 packs per box. 8 cards per pack.

Each pack contains 7 Topps Magic Football cards Plus 1 Mini Parallel card!

Topps Pays Tribute Again to its First Nationally Distributed Football Set with 2010 Topps Magic Football
    With 3 Autograph Cards in every Hobby Box, Topps Magic Football will cast a Spell on Collectors!

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    ALL-NEW!
    - Stamp Cards
    - Relic Cards
    - Insert Cards
    - Parallel Cards
    - Base Cards Feature NFL Uniforms

AND WITH 3 AUTOGRAPH CARDS PER BOX!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 3 PER BOX
    - Magic Autographs: 190 rookies, veterans and legends from the base set appear with their signatures. Available in a Chrome Refractor version numbered to 10.
    - Magic Dual Autographs: Two players showcased with 2 autographs and numbered to 25 on each of these 15 cards. Available in a Chrome Refractor version numbered to 5.
    - Magic Triple Autographs: Ten different cards highlighting 3 players, 3 autographs and numbered to 25. Available in a Chrome Refractor version numbered to 5.

NEW! STAMP CARDS
    - Gridiron Stamp of Approval: Each of these 50 stars are displayed along with an actual football themed U.S. Postage stamp, embedded into a mini card, and numbered to 10.
    - Historical Stamp of Approval: Fifty American greats paired with a corresponding, authentic U.S. Postage stamp, also embedded into a mini card, and numbered to 25.

NEW! RELIC CARDS - HOBBY EXCLUSIVE!
    - Magic Relics: Highlighting 6 0 players from the base set with a relic swatch and numbered to 25.

NEW! INSERT CARDS - 12 PER BOX
    - Rookie Stars: Twenty outstanding 2010 Rookies.
    - Magical Moments: The top twenty NFL personalities and events from the 2010 season.
    - History's Best: The game's foremost stars both present and past.

NEW! BASE CARDS - 7 PER PACK
    - 200 Rookies, Veterans, and Legends and 50 short printed subjects POSE IN THEIR NFL UNIFORMS on 2-1/2 x 3-1/2" 24 pt. card stock.

MINI PARALLEL CARDS - 1 PER PACK
    - The entire base set paralleled in the Magic original-sized 2.075 x 2.905" format:
    - NEW! Pigskin Black Bordered Base Card: Numbered to 50

Here's what was included in the 2010 Topps Magic Break:

Base Cards

The base cards are a throwback to the original Magic set. Its like a sketched design with the an old type feel to it, but comes off great in person and in photos as seen above. The design is great and very original. We pulled 146/248 for the base set with only 7 doubles.

Inserts

The Rookie Stars insert set has a nice close up shot with a faded star in the background. Its an all rookie insert set featuring some of the best rookies of the season. We pulled 5 Rookie star inserts: Colt McCoy, Ryan Mathews, Rob Gronkowski, Demaryius Thomas, and Jermaine Gresham.

The History's Best Insert set features some of the best players to ever play the game. Great action shots on the cards. We pulled 2 history's best inserts: Ray Lewis and John Elway.

The Magical Moments insert set has a nice big white border along with some great action shots of the players on the card. We pulled 6 Magical Moments inserts: Peyton Manning, Wes Welker, Patrick Willis, Chris Johnson, Knowshon Moreno, and Matt Schaub.

Parallels

The mini parallels are the same design as the base cards. Everything is the same for the most part about them. We pulled 19 minis: Tom Brady, Fred Biletnikoff, John Carlson, Cedric Benson, LeSean McCoy, Dennis Dixon, Marques Colston, DeMarcus Ware, Y.A. Tittle, Chester Taylor, Ricky Williams, Bryan Bulaga, Armanti Edwards, Anthony Gonzalez, Cedric Peerman, Dwayne Bowe, Frank Gore, Brent Celek, and Ray Rice.

The black mini parallels are the same as the regular mini's with the exception of having a nice black border around the card. These cards are harder to pull than the regular mini cards. We pulled 4 black minis: Joe Webb, Dan Marino, Shonn Greene, and Demaryius Thomas.

Serial Numbered

We pulled one mini card of Mathias Kiwanuka that is numbered on the bottom right hand corner. Its numbered 47/50.

Autographs

The Autograph design looks the same as the base cards with a nice sticker autograph being placed perfectly on the card. We pulled Rashad Jennings, Jordy Nelson, and a short printed (to 100 copies) of LeSean McCoy!

Final Thoughts on 2010 Topps Magic Football:

Topps did a phenomenal job with this release! Topps did this set with college uniforms last year and this year changed it up with the pro uniforms. The base cards look amazing and all the inserts are very unique. If you are any type of set collector this is definitely a great product for you. If you are not a set collector, this product is still a blast to open!

Here is how I would rate this product:

• Value = 4.5
    • Innovation = 5
    • Fun and Experience = 5
    • Rebuy Value = 4.5

NPN Information

NPN 2010 Topps Magic Football
    P.O. Box 2098
    Duryea, PA 18642

Postmarked by March 30th, 2011. Skill Test Question: 15 + 15 X 5 - 15 = ?

I rate this product an "A" for Topps!

I would like to thank Topps for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Nice pull on McCoy. Nice stuff, and 3 autos per box is great.

Comment

Great review Dan, love the look of the product too!
      TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
      A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

This product sort of reminds me of the Topps Bazooka products from the mid 2000s with the mini cards. Congrats on pulling 3 nice autos.

Comment

Great review but the cards look too busy for me. I almost get a headache from looking at them. Maybe i need to clean the glasses. Not impressed that they used stickers for the autos. I think the cards would look so much better with the auto on the card. I give this item a 3.5 out of 5.

Comment

Sick Shady!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Nice Review, Dan! Thanks.

I really enjoyed this set last year. And it looks like I'm gonna enjoy it again this year!

Nice box!
              - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Very cool review Dan. I like these cards as well. I like them more now with all the pictures seeming to be in the NFL uni though. I am not a huge College collector, so these are nice!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Very nice product, i'm loving the artsy feel! Also like the Shady!
                  "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

nice cards, would love to get the MARINO!! tx bob
                    UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Nice review - nice looking product.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                      Orioles Autos I need
                      Baseball HOFers GU I need
                      Orioles GU I need
                      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Awesome review, I love the card designs and the hits are fantastic.
                        HOFFMOEN
                        Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                        http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                        Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

I love the 'paint' design of these cards. Gotta get me some soon
                          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

i like the retro look
                            Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

Nice review. I like the look of these cards and three autos per box is great.

Comment

Working...
                              X