2010 Topps Tribute Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Topps Tribute Football

I would first like to thank Topps for making this box available to us for review!

Configuration: 6 packs 5 cards per pack

Topps Tribute returns triumphantly to team NFL and rushes in with the great players of Football's future, present and past on the most appealing cards in the industry.

Hobby Exclusive! - 1 Autograph Multi-Relic, Autograph or Multi-Relic Card per Pack! - Every Autograph Relic & Relic Card Features Multi-Relics! - Spectacular Tribute Technology!

6 Hits Per 6-Pack Box - 4 Autograph Multi-Relic and/or Autograph Cards Numbered to 99 or less - 2 Multi-Relic Cards Numbered to 99 or less PLUS - 6 Numbered Parallel Cards Numbered to 262 or less

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS

BASE CARDS (100 subjects) - 3 PER PACK An homage to 100 Veterans, Rookies and Retired Legend stars on elegant Tribute technology. - Rookies (48) - Veterans (40) - Legends (12)

RAINBOW BASE PARALLEL CARDS (900 card variations) - 6 PER BOX/1 PER PACK - Red (100) - 1/1 - Framed Printing Plates (100 subjects/400 cards) - 1/1 - Gold (100) - Numbered to 50 - Green (100) - Numbered to 99 - Black (100) - Numbered to 199 - Blue (100) - Numbered

AUTOGRAPH MULTI RELIC & AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 4 PER BOX! Autograph Multi-Relic Cards - Quad (30) - Each NFL star appears with his autograph and 4 jersey swatches on cards numbered to 99. - Triple (65) - A player with an autograph and 3 jersey relics embellish each of these cards numbered to 99. Sixty-five variations in all. - Dual (75) - One autograph and 2 relics highlight numbered to 99 cards. *Parallels - Red PATCH (170) - 1/1 - Gold (170) - Numbered to 25 - Black (170) - Numbered to 50 - Blue 170 - Numbered to 75

Autograph Cards - Classic Cut Signatures (25) - Twenty-five of the game’s best and numbered 1 of 1. - Dual Cut Signature Connections (10) - Two players involved in a famous gridiron play immortalized with 2 cut signatures and numbered 1 of 1. Ten variations. - Quad (4 variations) - Book cards showcasing 4 players with 4 autographs. Numbered to 10. - Triple (5 variations) - Three NFL heroes featured with an autograph from each and numbered to 15 on five variations. - Dual (10 variations ) - A pair of players, a pair of autographs and numbered to 25.

RELIC CARDS - 2 PER BOX - Elite 8 Book Card (5 variations) - Features 8 NFL stars with one relic from each! Numbered to 5 with five different versions. - Quad Book Multi-Player/Multi-Relics (5 variations) - Highly collectible book cards starring 4 players with one relic from each and numbered to 10. - Dual Combo (7 variations) - 2 players appear together with one relic from each. Numbered to 25. - Quad (11) - Numbered to 99 - Triple (30) - Numbered to 99 - Dual (40) - Numbered to 99 * Quad, Triple, Dual, Parallels: - Red PATCH (81) - Numbered 1/1 - Gold (81) - Numbered to 25 - Black (81) - Numbered to 50 - Blue (81) - Numbered to 75

Here is what was in our box of 2010 Tribute.

Base Cards

The base cards have an “In action” photo of the player on the front. Their surroundings have been almost completely faded out, leaving the player as the focal point on a “mirror-like refractor” card. The player photos fill the front of the card, leaving only enough room for the Topps Tribute name in the upper right corner and the player’s name, team & position centered directly below. The card backs have brief player stats (Height, weight, college, draft position, 2009 stats, etc…), but they also include “Quick Facts” about the player. These are presented in bullet point fashion and provide little know facts about the player (Example – Drew Brees)
    *Ranks 10th all time in Comp% and passer rating.
    *Only Saints QB to be a Pro Bowler more than twice.
    *Uncle Marty (Akins) was Texas QB in Earl Campbell era.

Base RCs

The Rookie cards are just like the base veteran cards. Action photos in team uniforms on a mirror-like card. The only difference between the Vet & RC cards is the Topps RC logo in the upper left corner. The RCs are mixed into the regular set like the rest of Topps’ offerings this year.

The Rookies that were in our box were: Kareem Jackson, Sam Bradford, Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Clausen, T.J. Ward, Jordon Shipley, and Max Hall.

Parallel Base Cards

These are base cards done in different colors. The colors are well chosen; giving each parallel set its own look. These come one per pack (six per box).

The parallels we got are numbered differently than the press release indicated:
    Blue numbered out of 89 – Arian Foster, Emmitt Smith & Max Hall
    Black numbered out of 75 – Troy Polamalu & Nate Allen
    Green numbered out of 50 – Patrick Robinson

THE HITS

Autographs, Auto/Relics & Relics (also with different numbering than the press release):

We got two Relic cards in our box. The first is a triple jersey of Ryan Mathews numbered 19/45.

We got three Auto/Relic cards, too. The first is a dual Relic Auto of Sean Canfield. It’s the Blue version and is numbered 43/50. Next is a Black version dual Relic Auto of Ben Tate, numbered 27/30. And the last Auto/Relic in the box was also a Black version, but it is a quad Relic Auto of Dexter McCluster and it is numbered 29/30.

There was a dual autograph in our box. A very nice low numbered version with Dexter McCluster & C.J. Spiller. It is numbered 03/20.

The second Relic card we got is a Red 1/1 Dual Patch of Brent Celek. I'm not sure where the patches came from, since he’s only played for the Eagles, but it’s a nice looking card!

Final Thoughts

Overall, I enjoyed opening this box very much. A great effort from Topps! This is a very nice looking card set, made from nice thick card stock. The finish on these cards is fantastic, and the colored parallels add nicely to the experience. The mirror finish and refractor nature of these cards makes them easily damaged, though. I would suggest pulling the entire pack out of the wrapper, “lift” each card from the pack (don’t slide them across each other) and sleeve them immediately. In this box there were a few cards that were damaged. I'll be getting them replaced before I use them as prizes, so hopefully they can be turned around quickly.

Here's how I would rate this product on a scale of 1-5.

Value = 4
    Innovation = 4.5
    Fun and Experience = 4.5
    Re-buy Value = 4.5

I rate this product "A-".

NPN INFO
    Open only to US & Canada (except Quebec) residents.
    Hand print your name and complete address on a 3 x 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2010 Topps Tribute Football
    P.O. Box 785
    Pittston, PA 18640

Only one card per envelope mailed separately, post marked by 4/20/2011 and received by 4/27/2011.
    Canadian entries are required to include the following math skill test on the 3 x 5 card:
    4+11x3-18=?

I would like to thank Topps and CCW for giving me the chance to review this product.

Support the sponsors that support CCW
    Last edited by ejiminee; 04-04-2011, 02:24 AM.
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Great looking cards and excellent review bro!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

That 1/1 Celek is sick! Nice review!

Comment

Nice review and congrats on pulling that 1/1!
        Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Great Review Congrats on the 1/1 Alot of very Nice PULLS.
          Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
          Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Great review Dave. You pulled some really sweet looking hits from that box. Congrats on the 1/1.

Comment

sweet dual auto, congrats on the pulls
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
              I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Love these cards but the price is way over my head just for that i would go with a 4 overall. Great review.

Comment

very nice break!

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                  but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Awesome review of a great product. I really love the looks of the base parallels. The 1/1 is pretty sweet.

Comment

Awesome looking cards. Great review!!!!!
                      HOFFMOEN
                      Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                      http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                      Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Fantastic review Dave!

Those are some really nice pulls....and wow...a 1 of 1!!!!!
                        Randy
                        United States Air Force, Retired
                        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Very good review!

Like the cards. Sort of look like a mix between some Bowman's Best from years past and the Prime cards.

Dave, curious, what kind of stock the base and insert cards are? Are they thicker like some of those Bowman's Best were or thinner like a typical Topps base card is? Really like em. What is the ballpark of price on a box of these?

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                          Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                          Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                          MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                          NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                          NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                          NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                          I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                            Very good review!

Like the cards. Sort of look like a mix between some Bowman's Best from years past and the Prime cards.

Dave, curious, what kind of stock the base and insert cards are? Are they thicker like some of those Bowman's Best were or thinner like a typical Topps base card is? Really like em. What is the ballpark of price on a box of these?
                            I had to double check, because I was sure I mentioned it. I don't know the point system, but I did mention that these are of a "nice thick card stock" in my final thoughts.

It's one of the first things I notice about cards. Are they real flimsy or are they pretty sturdy? Helps me determine how carefully to handle them while I'm bustin' the packs.

I've just seen what's for sale online, but those are running from $265 to $285 a box.

Thanks for asking.
                            Last edited by ejiminee; 04-19-2011, 06:22 AM.
                            - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

That 1 of 1 is an extra one of one because those are not definitely from Celek.
                              I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                              http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                              I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Working...
                              X