Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Score Football

2011 Score Football

Configuration: 36 packs per box. 7 cards per pack.

BOX BREAK
    36 Rookies
    36 Glossy
    6 Hot Rookies
    4 Millennium Men
    6 In The Zone
    4 Complete Players
    6 Parallels (Scorecard, Gold Zone, Red Zone, End Zone or Artist Proof)

CASE BREAK
    5 autographs per case

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    2011 NFL Rookies - Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Ryan Mallett, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Mark Ingram, Mikel LeShoure, Ryan Williams, DeMarco Murray, Daniel Thomas, Kendall Hunter, A.J. Green & Julio Jones

Look for Autographs of Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Calvin Johnson, Philip Rivers, Arian Foster, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Andre Johnson, Tim Tebow, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Ryan Mallett, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Mikel LeShoure, Ryan Williams, DeMarco Murray, Daniel Thomas, Kendall Hunter, A.J. Green & Julio Jones

New Inserts - Millennium Men, In The Zone & Complete Players

I would first like to thank Panini for making this box available to us for review!

Here is what was in our box of 2011 Score

Base Cards

The base cards have an “In action” photo of the player on the front. The photos are crisp and focus on the player very well. Each has a white border around the photo, which includes the player’s name above the photo & position and team name below. There is also a team helmet on the lower left of the card front. The Score Logo is at the upper right on the card, and uses the team colors of the player. The card backs have the player’s stats (Height, weight & DOB) above a smaller “cropped” version of the photo on the front. There are career stats also. The cards in our box had up to 5 years of statistics on them. Below that is a bio of the player. We got 172 of the 400 card set. Of those, 37 were Rookie cards. We ended up with 43% of the complete set, and got 3 base doubles (no Rookie doubles).

Rookie Cards

The Rookie cards are just like the base cards. The only difference is, just below the player’s position & team, there is the word *ROOKIE* in the team’s colors. There are variation cards for some of the rookies also. There are 50 additional cards to be had. Many of the rookies have a variation in this set, but there are some who have a third variation, too. The players with a third rookie variation are the ones who attended this year’s Rookie Premier. Some of the Rookies that were in our box were: Austin Pettis, Colin Kaepernick, Jacquizz Rodgers, Mark Ingram, and Mikel Leshoure.

Inserts/Parallels

- Hot Rookies make their return in Score football this year. 30 of this year’s rookie crop are given a moment to shine in the insert staple.
    - Complete Players: This 20 card insert set showcases players that have many of the desirable attributes of a given position.
    - In The Zone: A 30 card insert set that highlights players who made big plays in clutch situations that ended up in the End Zone.
    - Millennium Men: The best of the best are featured in this 20 card insert set. These players posted season or career highs last year
    - Parallels: Glossy, Gold Zone, Red Zone & Scorecard were in this box. There were 12 parallels all together. We didn’t get an Artist's Proof or End Zone card in this box, but they are listed as available parallels. The twist this year, though, is that none of them are numbered.

THE HIT

We were lucky enough to have an autographed rookie card in the box we received! 114 of the 400 players in this year’s edition of Score football have autographed cards inserted into one out of four boxes. We pulled a Cameron Heyward Autograph.

Final Thoughts

Overall, I enjoyed this box. I knew what to expect when I opened it. No frills, no redemptions, and no serial numbered cards to chase. And I was pleasantly surprised to get the “bonus” rookie autograph. This is a product that collectors will consider “low end”, but it’s actually a gateway product to pique the young collector’s interest in sports card collecting. I'll need to get at least one more box to complete the set. For about $35 you get 252 cards (including 36 rookie cards) and a chance to pull an autographed card.

Product Rating
    Value = 4.5
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4.5

I rate this product an A- for Panini!

NPN Info

Open only to US & Canada (except Quebec) residents.
    Hand print your name and complete address on a 3 x 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

Panini America Inc. NPN 2011 Score Football
    5325 FAA Blvd.
    Suite 100
    Irving, TX 75061-3601

Only one card per envelope mailed separately, post marked by 09/14/2011 and received by 09/21/2011.
    Canadian entries are required to include the following math skill test on the 3 x 5 card:
    124 + 980 รท 850 x 935 – 543 =?

Again, I would like to thank Panini and CCW for giving me the chance to review this product.

Support the sponsors that support CCW
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Nice review Dave. Congrats on pulling the Heyward Auto. The insert card designs look really nice. I hope Panini introduces Score into future Basketball products.

Comment

Love the old school look to this set. AWESOME!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Great review nice throwback feel to the product!
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

not bad with the auto pull. Just curious why they didn't number the inserts this year.
          I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
          http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
          I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Always like the simple look from Score. Nice break.
            WHY N0T?

Comment

Nice review Dave,
              at about $30 a box you can't go wrong.

I like the nice clean & simple design on the base and the inserts jumpout at you,nice pull on the auto.
              Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Lovin the old school look and great review bro!
                TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Nice review, can't wait to try a box out!

Comment

sweet review!

Love the product! I bet Frank loved the hit as much as me!

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Nice break bud. Great review. Super Auto to pull!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Good review and a decent product for bottom end, I like these cards.

Comment

I agree with many others that I like the simple design of the cards, good action shots. I do not like the fact that the inserts/parallels are not numbered, I know it is an inexpensive product, but if you have a variety of parallels what is really the difference?
                          Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
                          http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

clean look to me I like them nice review
                            TRADE PAGE
                            Looking for 2011 Topps Chrome Atomic Crystal Auto /50

Comment

Nice review

Comment

Working...
                              X