Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Tristar Obak Football

2011 Tristar Obak Football
    Configuration: 6 cards per pack. 24 packs per box.

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS
    - 11 Guaranteed Hits Per Box
    - 4 Autograph Cards
    - 2 Parallel Cards
    - 1 Mini Parallel Card
    - 3 Short Print Cards
    - 1 T4 Limited Edition Cabinet Card

Tristar presents their premiere edition of Obak football. This product features some of football's greatest legends and Hall of Famers as well as several U.S. Presidents and War Heroes. This product is filled with a variety of vintage and present photography. Some players included in this set are Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Vince Lombardi, Bo Jackson, Kurt Warner, and more more. There are even cards of John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, and Dwight D. Eisenhower. The box is serial numbered #17/1800.

Box Break Results

Base Cards

The base cards have a very clean look to them. The photography on the card is crisp and clear. The white bordering that surrounds the photo makes the player stand out more. I really like the combination of mixing football legends with War Heroes and U.S. Presidents.

Short Print Cards

There are 10 Short Print Cards in this product which are cards #111-120. We pulled Jack Chevigny who was a U.S. Marine in World War II.

Mini Cards

There are 24 Mini cards per box. The Mini cards have the same design and look as the base cards on the front and back. We pulled 1 Mini Parallel card of Bart Starr numbered out of 25.

Parallel Cards

The Parallel cards have the same design and look as the base cards except for the coloring on the borders and letters. We pulled 4 Parallel cards: Charlie Ward #63/75, Fritz Pollard #3/25, Joe Perry #10/10, and Elroy Hirsch #2/5.

T4 Limited Edition Cabinet Card

Each box includes 1 Cabinet Card that measures 3 1/2 x 5 inches. We pulled Terry Bradshaw/Rocky Bleier #5/50.

Autograph Cards

The Autograph cards have the same design and look as the base cards on the front and back. The autographs are all sticker autographs. We pulled Christian Okoye #57/75, Ray Guy #39/75, and Bobby Douglas #25/50.

The best hit of the box. You get 1 Cut Signatures card per box. We pulled Junior Seau #28/50. The card has a solid blue signature on it which blends in well with the photograph used.

Final Thoughts

The premier edition of Tristar Obak Football provides an excellent overview of the history of the game. This product boasts a 120 card base set that includes 10 short prints. Collectors will enjoy reading the card backs with all the history and information provided. That is truly a lost art in trading card production. This product answer questions like why is the Hall of Fame in Canton, who is considered the father of modern football, how many U.S. Presidents played collegiate football, what is meant by the term, "The Heidi Game,” and more interesting trivia about America’s favorite sport.

Product Rating

Value = 5
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product an A- for Tristar!

NPN

There is no NPN for this product

I would like to thank Tristar & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product. Be on the lookout for contests involving cards from this break.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Nice Review looking forward to purchasing this product!!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Nice review! The Seau is a sweet pull!

Comment

Solid autograph hits all around, nice box!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Nice review Tim. I really like the look of the Cut Signatures card. Another great product from Tristar. I wish they could do an Obak set for basketball in the future.

Comment

Tim,
            nice review and some nice hits from your box.

Ever since I busted a box of Obak baseball I got hooked,love the look on these even if they are football which I don't collect.
            Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

When you do not have a license you really need to go above and beyond and I just do not feel it with this product. . Nice review none the less

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Nice review. I like the guarantee of getting a "cut auto" per box. I also like the "old timers" cards.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                Orioles Autos I need
                Baseball HOFers GU I need
                Orioles GU I need
                Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                However other offers will be considered

Comment

Pretty cool!

I picked up some retail the other day. Haven't seen hobby around here, yet.

Nice review.
                  - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Found this while I was looking around.

2011 TriStar Obak GALE SAYERS MINI AUTO SP #3/5 RARE! | eBay
                    Attached Files
                    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Nice review, this was my first look at these cards. They design is good but not great. The parallels were decent but no other real inserts makes the set kind of boring. The auto's on the other hand pretty cool and I do like the selection of signers. Overall I would probably try some and see if it grows on me, lol.
                      Last edited by munchman34; 09-23-2011, 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Very cool set of cards. The historical collectors should love this set. Love the Autos you pulled as well. Very nice!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Working...
                        X