• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 Panini Zenith Hockey

2010-11 Panini Zenith Hockey
    Configuration: 5 Cards Per Pack, 10 Packs Per Box
    Suggested Retail Price: $80

Box Break
    • 3 Autographs/Memorabilia Cards Per Box (At Least 1 Autograph)
    • 1 Rookie Card
    • 4 Legends
    • 1 Dare to Tear Box Topper
    • 1 Red Hot Parallel
    • 1 Gifted Grinders
    • 1 Crease Is The Word

Case Break
    • 1 White Hot Parallel
    • 5 Autographed Rookie Cards (P.K. Subban, Jacob Markstrom, Mats Zuccarello, etc)
    • 4 Yours Truly Autographs (Sidney Crosby, Steve Yzerman, Steven Stamkos, etc)
    • At least 1 each: Gifted Grinders Scraps, Rookie Roll Call Materials, Epix Materials, Z-Team, Team Logo Die-Cuts, and many more!

Highlights
    • Dare to Tear is back! The classic 90s chase element has been upgraded for a new generation of collectors! Inside each oversized card is a hidden collectible...will it be a card from the base set, or a spectacular exclusive signed Rookie Card from National Treasures, Donruss Elite or other Panini program! One Dare to Tear jumbo tops every box of Zenith!
    • Yours Truly Autographs feature on card sigs from the hobby's most popular stars including Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Steven Stamkos, Ray Bourque, and many more!
    • Chase Autographed Rookies SPs limited to just 199 copies and featuring the hobby's hottest first-year players, including Taylor Hall, Jeff Skinner, Cam Fowler, and more!

Our Box Break

Base Cards

The base cards have a solid white background with black borders. It has a plaque like design to them. The Zenith logo is on the top left corner of the card and the team logo on the right corner. The back of the card has season stats from the previous season as well as a short biography. The base set also contains 25 Legends which are card numbers 116 through 140. We pulled 5 Legends: Ray Bourque, Brett Hull, Guy Lafleur, Jeremy Roenick, and Dave Schultz.

Rookie Card

The Rookie Cards have the same look and design as the base cards except for the Z RC logo on the top center of the card. There are 45 Base Rookie Cards in this set. We pulled a Marcel Mueller numbered out of 999.

Parallel Card

The Red Hot Parallel Cards are some of the nicest looking cards I have ever seen. They have the same look and design as the base cards except for the red foil on the front of the card. These cards remind me of the Metal Gems Parallels from the mid 1990s. You get 1 Red Hot Parallel Card per box. We pulled a Brian Boucher.

Insert Cards

The Crease Is The Word Insert showcases some of the game's top goalies. These cards have a metal like design to them which is very appealing with the different colors used in the background. We pulled a Marc-Andre Fleury.

The Gifted Grinders Insert focuses on players who led the NHL in hits. We pulled an Alex Ovechkin. This card shows Ovechkin attempting a hit on P.K. Subban.

The Mozaics Insert features three top players from a particular NHL team. These cards have a foil surface to go along with the 3 action photos of the NHL players featured. The team logo is shown three times on the card, below each player photo. We pulled the Dallas Stars: Jamie Benn/Trevor Daley/Brad Richards.

The Rookie Roll Call Insert showcases some of the game's top rookies. These cards have a silver foil surface mixed with the team's colors to create a cool looking insert set. We pulled a Tomas Tatar.

Dare to Tear Box Topper

Each box comes with 1 Dare to Tear Box Topper. Inside each 5x7 Box Topper is a hidden card. It could be a card from the base set, a Panini Epix card, or an Autographed Rookie Card from Donruss Elite or National Treasures. We pulled a Mark Messier Box Topper.

We ripped open the Box Topper to find a Robyn Regehr Epix Card.

Memorabilia Cards

We pulled 2 Memorabilia Cards from this box. The first one was a Sergei Gonchar Winter Warriors Materials.

The second Memorabilia Card was the best hit from the box. We pulled a Mozaics Dual Materials of the Boston Bruins: Zdeno Chara/Tuukka Rask/Shawn Thornton.

Autograph Card

We pulled an Autograph Rookie of T.J. Brodie numbered out of 999. These cards have the same look and design as the base Rookie Cards cards. The autograph is signed on the card in blue ink.

Final Thoughts
    Panini Zenith is an ideal product for all hockey collectors. The base cards have a nice solid design to them. What really makes this product stand out compared to other hockey products are the Parallel and Insert Cards. I love the look and design of the Red Hot Parallel Cards and the Mozaics Insert. The use of the silver and red foil designs are similar to the Metal Gems Parallels that came out in the mid 1990s. These cards look a lot better up close in person than from the scans. The Dare to Tear Box Topper helps add extra value to this product. Debating between ripping the Box Topper to find an Autograph Rookie or keeping the Box Topper intact is something that collectors can have fun with. It is small innovations like this that makes Panini stand out compared to other card companies.

Product Rating
    Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 4
    Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an A- for Panini!

NPN

Panini America Inc
    NPN 2010-11 Panini Zenith Hockey
    5325 FAA Blvd Suite 100A
    Irving, TX 75061

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope.

Canadian residents answer this question: 517 plus 504 divided by 126 times 248 minus 771 = ?

Postmarked by 7/13/11

Limit to 2 entries per household.
    Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

I would like to thank Panini & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Nice review, the card designs are awesome!

Comment

Awesome looking product!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

nice review and ausome cards
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
        I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

This product looks very nice, hope it makes the transition to basketball.
          "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

This product looks great, cant wait to get some. Thanks for the review.

Comment

I love the looks of those metallicy lookin cards. I'm sure the scans don't do them justice. Great review!
              TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
              A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Very nice review. Great cards.

Awesome Bruins relic card out of there!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Very nice review.

Comment

Very nice card design.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
                    Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
                    Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
                    Colts Rookie Collection
                    Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Nice review, The inserts are fantastic looking. I like the Memorabilia card design as well.
                      HOFFMOEN
                      Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                      http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                      Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

nice review, nice looking cards

Comment

Loving that sheer metal look. Well done!

Comment

great lookin cards in the set love em!!!!!

Comment

swett reveiw, i won a taylor hall jersey card /100 from this product one time

Comment

Working...
                              X