• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Wheels Main Event Racing

2009 Wheels Main Event Racing

20 packs per box
    5 cards per pack

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    - 2 Memorabilia Cards & 1 Autograph Card Per Hobby Box!
    - First Poker Themed Nascar Set - Featuring Autographs From Top Professional Poker Players!
    - Four Autograph Levels - Club, Diamond, Spade And Heart!...1:20
    - All New Memorabilia - Driver-Worn Cowboy Hats, Pit Road Relics (Pit Wall Banners, Pit Signs, Pit Stackers, And Wheel Covers) And Event-Used Playing Cards Featuring The Drivers' Door Numbers...1:10
    - 54 Card Full Poker Deck Subset!

10 BOX CASE INSERT SUMMARY:
    - One Autographed Press Plate, 1 Of 1 Spade Level Autograph Card Or Hat Dance Patch Edition Card From A Top Driver!
    - Two Or Three Autographed Short-Printed Rookie Base Cards!
    - Three Professional Poker Player Autograph Cards!
    - Ten Main Even Marks Autograph Cards (Featuring Four Levels - Club, Diamond, Heart, Spade)!
    - Twenty Authentic Memorabilia Cards And 20 Innovative "Tire Technology" Cards!

The base set consists of 9 subsets in total.

Here's how we did....

BASE
    Rounders (#1-36)

A very neat design, reminds you of playing cards. Half of the rounders have a black back, and the other half have a white back, giving you the feeling of half a deck of reds and half a deck of blacks.

Winning Hand (#37-42)

This subset recognizes all the bigger teams in NASCAR, staying with the poker theme.

Double Suited (#43-48)

This subset, also similar to a playing card, recognizes some of the bigger names in NASCAR in their different sponsored firesuits, hence the name double suited.

Pit Boss (#49-54)

This subset recognizes the best and most well-known crew chiefs in NASCAR.

All In (#55-63)

This subset highlights some of the biggest wins/events of the season so far in NASCAR.

Jackpot (#64-72)

This subset highlights those drivers who hit the 'jackpot' and landed in Victory Lane.

Poker Face (#73-80)

This subset takes an up-close look at the drivers with their 'poker faces' on right before the start of a race.

Poker Pro (#81-86)

Sticking with the poker theme, this subset recognizes some of the biggest names in the Poker world.

Rookie Rounders (#87-90)
    And finishing out the set are the four rookies, and their autographed 'base' cards. Unfortunately, we didn't pull any of these. They seem to fall around one every three or four boxes.

In total, we pulled 72 of the 86 base cards, with zero doubles.

INSERTS
    Full Deck (1:1)

An awesome idea by Press Pass...each pack you will receive a 'full deck' insert card that has the same size/feel/texture of a regular playing card. We pulled 20 different ones, 18 drivers and both jokers.
    This is a 54-card subset, depicting most of the drivers in NASCAR's top three series', and two jokers. The hobby boxes all have the red backs as shown above, but there is also a retail-only blue back set as well.

High Rollers (1:6)

A nice Poker themed insert set depicting the best drivers in NASCAR on the front, and their rides on the back. We pulled three--Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, & Kevin Harvick

Wanted (1:10)

Wheels is back with their tire-enhanced cards once again, this time with an old school 'poster' type look to them. The words 'Wanted' and the drivers name are embedded with race used tire. We pulled two--Scott Speed and David Ragan.

Foil board parallel (1:20)

Each of the base cards 1-36 has a foil-board parallel that fall one per box. Ours was Denny Hamlin.

HITS
    Main Event Marks (1:20)

Sticking with the poker theme, the autos. One per box, we hit an un-numbered Greg Biffle.

Stop & Go Swatches (1:10)

We didn't pull a hat card, but got two nice Stop & Go Swatches. The S&G's have different versions--pitboards, pit wall banners, pit stackers, wheel covers, and lugnuts. We hit two pit wall banners--a silver Carl Edwards #'d/175 (two color) and a holofoil Jeff Burton #'d/75 (FOUR color!).

FINAL THOUGHTS
    Press Pass decided to go against the American Thunder release of past years, and change it up into Main Event. It was one of the best decisions they've ever made. AT was getting stale, and Press Pass flopped a straight flush with this release. Every single card out of this box has a fresh look to it, and that's a good thing. Press Pass brought back two old favorites (lugnuts and pitboards) to the race-used lineup, and brought out some new RU that we haven't seen before with the pit wall banners, stackers, and wheel covers. The autos have a fresh look, and are one of the nicest designs I've ever seen PP do with their autos. This is a set that I'm already looking foward to in the following years--great job, Press Pass!!

Here's how I would rate this product;

Value = 5
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I'd have to give Press Pass an 'A' for Wheels Main Event.

I would like to thank Kirsten at Press Pass & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

I really like what they did with the Winning Hand Subset!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

very nice!
      My Site
      http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

great review! thanks for taking the time to do this and for the comments!

Comment

I really like the stop and go.... everyone loves autos.. but a well designed memoribilia set puts a product over the top IMO

Comment

Great review Jeremy and i might pick up a pack of these just to see how they are
            Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
            Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
            Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
            Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Love the design of the stop and go swatches!
              sigpic
              Collecting: Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics In Uniform Only! And BTL Autos!
              *I USE PWE'S ON ALL SMALL TRADES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A GU OR AUTO*

Comment

Very nice review Jeremy, i like the design of the Auto, looks pretty cool to me!

Comment

NPN info

what is the no purchase necessary address and when is the postmark date for sending them in, thank you in advance!!

jusam55
                  Collect any and all cards

Photobucket:

http://s901.photobucket.com/home/jusam55/allalbums

Comment

Working...
                  X