iCardz - Band of Brothers America at War Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iCardz - Band of Brothers America at War Review

NOTE: This box review was completed by Hendricksis1 (Andy) and emailed to ranbethscards (Randy) to post to the CCW iCardz Forum.

First, I want to say Welcome to iCardz and a big Thank You for allowing Card Collectors World the opportunity to review the America at War Product.

The America at War card set from iCardz is one of the most educational products to ever be issued.

Each box contains a complete set of 143 of the America at War D-Day cards and a complete set of 49 of the Band of Brothers cards.

Included in the box, you will find:

AD1 - Promo for the Pacific
    AD2 - A Salute to Veterans
    AD3 - Promo for the America at War Binder
    AD4 - Valor Studios Card (Valor Studios provides the art and autographs of the veterans)
    Two (2) You May Be A Winner Cards (For a chance to win authentic American Second World War Memorabilia. Enter the Pin Number from the card at the iCardz website.)

The following items will be found at one in six boxes: Autographs and Sketches.

Autographs:

SP1 - Lynn “Buck” Comption
    SP2 - William Guarnere
    SP3 - Forrest Guth
    SP4 - Edward “Babe” Heffron
    SP5 - Clancy Lyall
    SP6 - Donald Malarkey
    SP7 - Earl McClung
    SP8 - Amos “Buck” Taylor
    SP9 - Ed Tipper

Sketches:

Currently there are approximately 100 different sketches.

What we pulled from our box:

Complete set of America at War (143 cards)
    Complete set of Band of Brothers (49 cards)
    AD1 - Promo for the Pacific
    AD2 - A Salute to Veterans
    AD3 - Promo for the America at War Binder
    AD4 - Valor Studios Card (Valor Studios provides the art and autographs of the veterans)
    Two (2) You May Be A Winner Cards

While we did not pull an Autograph or Sketch, we were extremely please with this product.

Here is an example of what we pulled:

The back of each card contains historical information:

Key players that are included in this set are Eisenhower, Montgomery, Bradley and Patton:

The Soldiers of World War II are represented by many individuals to include:

Medals given out during this time:

The weapons and aircraft of World War II are well represented in the set:

...and finally an example of the Checklist and Promotional Cards found within the set:

Overall I was extremely pleased with the cards. The photographs of days past were incredible and will bring back good and bad memories for those who were involved with the War years.

These are not sports cards and as such if you are not a fan of History or the Military, then you probably will not enjoy the cards. Historians and Military buffs will LOVE this set!

*Value = 5
    *Innovation = 5
    *Fun and Experience = 5
    *Rebuy Value = n/a (You recieve a complete set in each box, so unless you are hoping to hit the one in six boxes autograph/sketch, you would not rebuy).

Overall Rating = A

I would like to thank iCardz and the staff at CCW for allowing me to review this product.

Support the sponsors that support CCW

Last edited by Brads55; 10-13-2010, 02:59 PM.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Wow, thats an amazing looking set. Very detailed cards! Great review and thanks for sharing so many pictures from the set. I have to get me one of these sets!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Very nice review Andy! Scans looks great.

Comment

Working...
      X