Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Press Pass Eclipse

2011 Press Pass Eclipse

Here is the break down, as printed on the box, for the 2011 Press Pass Eclipse product:

Eclipse brings you “THE ART OF SPEED” in 2011! BASE SET AND INSERTS: Artistic 90-card base set with exclusive hobby and retail parallels! Rides…1:4, Encore…1:8, Focus…1:24, Hall of Fame 25-card insert spread across 2011 brands, collect 5 of 25 cards in Eclipse 2011...1:24. Also look for holofoil version #’d to 50! (Hobby-Only). AUTOGRAPHS (1:24 combined): Press Pass Autographs - Exclusive autograph program only found in Press Pass 2011 and Eclipse, Spellbound Signatures (#’d to 10), Signature Series (#’d to 11 - Hobby Only), Press Plate Autos (up to 4 per driver). MEMORABILIA (1:8 combined): Spellbound Swatches - various memorabilia swatches from top drivers that spell out their last name. Burning Rubber Chase Edition - “race-win” tire swatches - 3 levels to collect including Hobby-Only “Prime Cut” #’d to 25. Four Wide - quad memorabilia cards with 4 versions to collect (Hobby-Only). Odds are reflective of overall press run and do not guarantee number of inserts cards per pack, box or case. Some cards may need to be redeemed. Redemption expires 4/30/12.

You are guaranteed ONE (1) AUTOGRAPH and THREE (3) MEMORABILIA Cards in each box, plus ONE (1) Serial Numbered Card (numbered to 55)!

Onto the Card Collectors World Box Break!……..

The cards are made from a medium-weight card stock. Artist painted over each picture taken, giving the look of a painting versus a picture.

BASE CARDS: There are 90-cards in the set. We were able to do one complete set in our box!

Cards 1 - 32 are the “A to Z“ of the Sprint Drivers. From Allmendinger to Waltrip, all active Sprint Drivers are included.

Cards 33 - 51 are 19 of the more popular cars from Car #1 to #99.

Cards 52 - 60 “Honor Society”. 2010 highlights, to include: Jimmie Johnson’s Fifth Straight Championship, Brad Keselowski’s Nationwide Championship and Austin Dillon winning the NCWTS Raybestos Rookie of the Year Award.

Cards 61 - 72 “Sand Blast”. Scenes from Las Vegas, to include: Jimmie Johnson, Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick.

Cards 73 - 84 “Speed Scapes”. Highlights popular drivers racing at different tracks, to include: Mark Martin, Danica Patrick and Kyle Busch.

Cards 85 - 90 “2011”. This subset highlights drivers that have changed teams or sponsors, to include: Jeff Gordon and Kurt Busch.

2011 Hall of Fame: Bud Moore NHOF111 and Bud Moore NHOF111 #41/50.

INSERTS: (Note: Once again the inserts have a chrome finish, so this makes it very difficult to get a good scan.)

IN FOCUS: There are nine cards in the set. We pulled one from our box: IF8 Juan Pablo Montoya’s Pit Crew.

ENCORE: There are nine cards in the set. We pulled two from our box: E5 Carl Edwards and E7 Mark Martin.

RIDES: There are nine cards in the set. We pulled six from our box: R1 #88, R2 #48, R5 #83, R6 #00, R7 #1 and R8 #42.

Numbered, Autographs and Race-Used
    (NOTE: You are guaranteed ONE Numbered, ONE Autograph and THREE Race-Used in each box.)

Numbered (Base)
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. 8 #27/55

Autograph
    Clint Bowyer Autograph #09/10

Race-Used
    Denny Hamlin Burning Rubber Chase Edition (Martinsville) BRC-DH1 #XXX/150
    Jeff Gordon Spellbound “R” (White) SB-JG3 #XXX/150
    Jimmie Johnson Spellbound “H” SB-JJ3 #XXX/150

WHAT DO I LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT? A couple of things. First, the artist concept. These “painted” cards give this product a totally different look from any previous product. And, while others might disagree, the chance to be able to spell out your favorite drivers name with the spellbound swatches is a fantastic idea. Second, just like the Element product the lack of Dale Earnhardt Jr and Danica Patrick cards makes this product very nice!

WHAT DO I NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT? I would have liked to seen a better selection of base cards showing drivers from the Craftsman Truck Series and the Nationwide Series.

FAVORITE CARD: My favorite card out of the CCW box break? Are you serious? A favorite? Forget about the numbered, the autograph and the race-used. Did you actually take the time to look at the base cards? I would say my favorite card are base cards #1 to 90! The base cards are beautiful!

Cost: approximately $90.00 - $110.00

THIS IS HOW I RATED THIS PRODUCT:

Value = 5
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 5

I RATE THIS PRODUCT AN “A+++++” FOR PRESS PASS!

NPN: Open only to US/Canadian (except Quebec) residents. For a chance to obtain any of the insert cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name and complete address, on a 3 X 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to: NPN Eclipse 2011, 9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200, Charlotte NC 28260. Only one card per envelope mailed separately, postmarked by May 10, 2011 and received by May 17, 2011. No metered mail. Limit 1 request per household for Eclipse 2011. Failure to comply will result in your entry being disqualified. Drawings on or about May 24, 2011. Only persons selected will be notified. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3 X 5 card the answer to the following skill-testing question: 50 + (2 X 4) - 10 = ?

I would like to thank Press Pass and Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World.
    Last edited by ranbethscards; 04-19-2011, 08:33 PM.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Excellent review bro. Thanks!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Wow Nice Box Buddy. Great pics. I love that Jr Numbered, I love the Inserts In this years Product Great Job bye Press pass this Year I like them alot more than Last Thats why I Bought a Bunch already and I have the Base set Alomst Complete AWSOME Break Randy and awsome Job PP.
      Last edited by jonsportscardz; 04-04-2011, 04:58 PM.
      Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
      Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Sweet Bowyer! Nice review!

Comment

Nice review. I really like the look of the Speed Scapes cards. They are very colorful and make the cars stick out in the cards.

Comment

Nice review, like the card designs and the hits are fantastic.
            HOFFMOEN
            Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
            http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
            Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Love the review, the base cards look fantastic.

Comment

Great review Randy. Sweet pull on the Bowyer. I agree, those base cards are sweet!
                Collecting Colts and attempting super collector status with Marcus Easley

Thanks to Brads55 for the awesome banner!!!

http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/coltsfanntx70/

Comment

I Like this release. Thanks for reviewing. I will pick this set up for sure.
                  sigpic

CLICK ON RICHARD PETTY'S SWEET RIDE TO SEE MY ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY. GREAT DEALS ON CARDS!!!

Comment

Nice Cards!!

Comment

Awesome as always....another fine job on a set from PP!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Great review, thanks. I particularly think the Horsepower cards are pretty sweet.
                        HOF Football Auto's, and Vintage Football HOF/Stars

PCMB: http://s1043.photobucket.com/albums/b439/ZAGfan/

Comment

Nice review!!

Is that a guy in a "Go Daddy" firesuit? What's up with that!?!?! LOL
                          - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

It looks alright but not a big racing fan. Should start getting some though. Do like the look ogf the G/U

Comment

Nice review Randy and I must say I really like the look on the Speed Scapes and Sand Blast inserts.
                              Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Working...
                              X