X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps UFC Title Shot

2011 Topps UFC Title Shot
    • Release Date: May 11th, 2011
    • Hobby Box Configuration: 12 Packs Per Box, 16 Cards Per Pack (Packs With A Relic Card Contain 14 Cards)
    • Hobby Box SRP: About $80 to $85

Box Break
    • 4 HITS PER HOBBY BOX!
    • 1 AUTOGRAPH RELIC CARD
    • 1 AUTOGRAPH CARD
    • 2 RELIC CARDS

Highlights
    • NEW EMBEDDED REPLICA UFC TITLE BELT PLATE: Unique cards featuring a champion and a mini replica title belt plate from that belt.
    • DIAMOND Parallel 1 of 1 includes both side plates!
    • RED Parallel Numbered to 8
    • ONYX Parallel Numbered to 188
    • GOLD Parallel Not Numbered

AUTOGRAPH RELIC CARDS
    • Autograph Jumbo Mat Relics: Each fighter pens his name directly on an oversized jumbo mat relic displayed on each numbered to 10.
    • Fighter Autograph Relics: 35 contenders with an autograph AND fighter-used gear numbered.
    • New Dual Autograph Fight Mat Relics: 2 fighters appear on a double-sided card with their autographs and a piece of the mat from their bout, visible from both sides. Numbered to 25.

AUTOGRAPH CARDS
    • New UFC Legacy Autographs: 5 past and present UFC Titleholders SIGN THEIR NAMES DIRECTLY on these vintage-style greyback cards.
    • New UFC Contenders Autographs: 25 promising Contenders appear with their signature on cards numbered to 188.
    • Fighter Autographs: Featuring 50 UFC fighters with their autographs. Cards showcasing a fighter's first autograph.
    • Fighter Red Ink Nickname Autographs: 25 subjects autograph cards with their name or nickname in red ink. Numbered to 15.

RELIC CARDS
    • Fight Mat: 50 fighters with an actual piece of a mat from a highlighted fight and numbered on cards die-cut with the number of the UFC event from which the mat came.
    • Fighter Relics: 50 UFC pros appear on cards numbered with fight-used relic pieces such as gloves, shorts, or shirts.

NEW BOX TOPPER
    • Jumbo Wec Octagon Mat Relics: Spotlighting the most exciting matches and fighters in the storied history of the WEC.

Our Box Break

Base Cards

The 150 card base set consists of UFC veterans, legends, debuting fighters, and WEC fighters. The base cards have a solid design with a glossy surface and no borders. The top of the card will either have the UFC or WEC logo depending on which organization the fighter is from. Since the UFC recently merged the WEC weight classes with their own, this is probably one of the last products that will have the WEC logo on the cards. Under the fighter's name, it will also list the fighter's weight class. The back of the card features the Tale of the Tape information, titles held, and a brief biography. The set also includes the UFC debut card of Jake Shields.

Parallel Cards

Parallel cards fall at an average of 2 per pack. The parallel cards have the same design as the base cards except for the gold, silver, or red coloring on the front of the card. We pulled 22 Gold cards: Brock Lesnar, Vitor Belfort, Quinton Jackson, Jon Jones, Urijah Faber, Rich Franklin, Rashad Evans, Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Ricardo Almeida, Mike Pyle, Mike Lullo, Chad Mendes, David Mitchell, Cody McKenzie, Rick Story, Joseph Benavidez, Mike Swick, Paulo Thiago, Paul Sass, Tyler Toner, and Alan Belcher. We also pulled an Onyx Parallel of Rich Franklin numbered out of 188. Hands down the best parallel we pulled was a Red Parallel of Randy Couture numbered out of 8!

Insert Cards

The Championship Chronology insert features every fighter who has ever held a UFC Title. The card has the fighter's name, weight class, and what event he won the title at. In the background is a picture of a UFC Championship Belt. We pulled 6: Kevin Randleman UFC 23, Randy Couture UFC 28, Murilo Bustamante UFC 35, Randy Couture UFC 44, Georges St. Pierre UFC 65, and Brock Lesnar UFC 91.

The Top 10 Title Fights insert highlights the ten best UFC title fights of all time. There are 3 cards for each fight showcased. We pulled 6: Randy Couture Vs Pedro Rizzo UFC 31 x2, Jens Pulver Vs BJ Penn UFC 35, Randy Couture Vs Tim Sylvia UFC 68, Brock Lesnar Vs Shane Carwin UFC 116, and Anderson Silva Vs Chael Sonnen UFC 117.

The UFC Contenders insert showcases the 25 up and coming fighters who may soon compete for a title shot. The card design has a chrome surface and red borders on the sides. We pulled 3: Clay Guida, Carlos Condit, and Brian Stann.

The UFC Legacy insert has a vintage style greyback design and features 25 past and present fighters who have held a UFC Title. We pulled 4: Cain Velasquez, Jose Aldo, Lyoto Machida, and Rich Franklin.

Each UFC Unlocked insert card can be redeemed online at http://ufc.topps.com to unlock a UFC Octagon Chip that you can use to access an opportunity to win a variety of Topps and UFC prizes and experiences including cards, memorabilia, UFC event tickets, and more. In addition, you will have the opportunity to win more opportunities based on your online collection and actual UFC fight results. These are inserted 1 per pack and each card has a different fighter featured on the front. We pulled 12: Anderson Silva x3, Georges St. Pierre x2, Cain Velasquez x2, Frankie Edgar x3, and Mauricio Rua x2.

Relic Cards

The first hit we pulled was a Dennis Hallman Fighter Relics numbered out of 88. The card has a solid three colored background with a yellow swatch surrounded in a screwed down square window plate. Dennis Hallman last fought at UFC 123 with a win over Karo Parisyan.

The second Relic Card pulled was a Rousimar Palhares Fight Mat Relics. This card contains a light blue/black mat with the number 22 to the right of the relic. The number 22 represents UFC Fight Night 22, the event that Rousimar Palhares lost to Nate Marquardt. The top of the card has a photo of Palhares Vs Marquardt from that event.

Autograph Cards

The first Autograph we pulled was a Keon Caldwell Ultimate Fighter Autographs numbered out of 200. This card has a blue on card autograph on a plain white background. To the left of the autograph is a photo of the fighter inside the Octagon cage. Keon Caldwell is currently on Team Dos Santos on this season's Ultimate Fighter.

The second Autograph pulled was a Scott Jorgensen Fighter Autographs. This autograph set showcases a fighter's first autograph card. The autograph is a blue sticker autograph. Scott Jorgensen last fought at WEC 53 where he lost to Dominick Cruz. Jorgensen will have his first fight under the UFC banner in 2 weeks.

Autographed Relic Cards

The best hit of the box was a Redemption Card for a Jose Aldo Fighter Autograph Relics. As soon as I get the card in, I will scan it and add it to the review. Jose Aldo is the first and current UFC Featherweight Champion. He is currently ranked the #1 featherweight in the world. He last fought at UFC 129 with a successful title defense over Mark Hominick and won Fight of the Night honors.

Final Thoughts

In my opinion, Topps has improved their UFC product compared to past releases. The base set has a great checklist of fighters including the UFC debut card of former Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Jake Shields. One of my favorite base cards is of UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie. I really wish the base set included some of the Octagon Girls, mainly Arianny Celeste. I love the look of the Championship Chronology and UFC Contenders inserts. Any card that has a title belt in the background helps make the card stand out more. The UFC Unlocked cards with the online codes is a nice addition to this product. Whenever you can take results from a real life event and connect that with a particular card product, you will appeal to a wider range of collectors and in this case fight fans. We beat the odds by pulling an extra Autograph card in our box. The two best pulls from this box is the Jose Aldo Redemption Autograph Relic and the Randy Couture Red Parallel. Now that the UFC has merged the WEC weight classes with their own and bought rival promotion Strikeforce, I am very curious to see how future Topps UFC releases will be. Will the next release possibly have both UFC and Strikeforce fighter cards in the same product. Mixed Martials Arts has grown in the past 6 years and the evolution of cards is the next logical step. Topps has delivered a Knockout of the Night with this MMA product.

Product Rating

Value = 5
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an A for Topps!

NPN:

NPN 2011 Topps UFC Title Shot
    P.O. Box 2008
    Duryea, PA 18642

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope.

Canadian residents answer this question: 8 + 8 x 8 - 8 = ?

Postmarked by 8/3/11

Limit to 2 entries per household.
    Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

I would like to thank Topps & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

looks like a great product I like the top ten title fights! nice cards!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Good review!

Looks like you beat the odds & got an extra hit!
      Last edited by ejiminee; 07-01-2011, 01:28 PM.
      - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Nice review, the cards are starting to look much better.

Comment

wow that was an awful break...

but I love these freaking cards... too bad you didnt get a JUMBO MAT card in your box

they are N A S T Y !

Comment

Nice review! Cards look awesome!

Comment

Not something I collect, but the product looks pretty sweet! Lots of cool inserts, and a ton of cool stuff in here. And even though I don't collect it, that is a sweet Auto/Relic that was pulled. Excellent review!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
              Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
              Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
              MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
              NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
              NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
              NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
              I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Sweet Break! That couture /8 is very nice. Not bad on the Aldo either.
                Topps still isn't live with the code site for the unlocked. I'm waiting for it because I have 60 cards to enter codes already.

Leland
                I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                I don't deal outside the US

Comment

A very nice review... great looking stuff!

Comment

Nice review and great looking cards,I really like The Championship Chronology inserts showing all the fighters that have won a title.

Roy
                    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Awesome product and great review!
                      TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                      A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

i really like the design of the legacy insert cards old skool is cool!

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

sweet looking stuff, have to get some to try
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                          I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Nice review kerwin

Comment

That Jorgensen auto is sweet. I am a big Jorgensen fan! Nice hit.
                              "When everyone is thinking the same, no one is thinking." - John Wooden

Working on a trade list - http://www.flickr.com/photos/papigrande2001/sets/

Comment

Working...
                              X