Release Date: August 3, 2011
    Retail Configuration: 1 Box, 8 Cards Per Box

Box Break
    • 3 Premium Base Cards
    • 3 Mecca Turkey Red Insert Cards
    • 1 Fight Worn Memorabilia Card
    • 1 Autographed Card

Product Description
    • Yet another amazing release for the boxing collector!
    • If you thought Round 1 KO Version was impressive, just wait until you see what Round 2 Standing Eight Count has in store!
    • Some of the best all-time boxing legends and current fighters in the sport are featured in this product such as Evander Holyfield, Leon Spinks, Sugar Shane Mosley, Hector Camacho Jr., and many more!

Our Box Break

Base Cards

There are 100 cards in the base set which are made up of 5 subsets. There are Gold #/d to 9 and 1 of 1 Onyx parallel versions to be found. Each box gets you 3 base cards. The individual styles of the base cards are incredible. The cards we pulled are James Toney #164, Shane Mosley #145, and Tommy Morrison #121.

Insert Cards

There are 63 cards in the Turkey Red insert set. There are also Gold #/d to 9 and 1 of 1 Onyx parallel versions to be found. Each box gets you 3 insert cards. Each Turkey Red card has the classic design that all Turkey Red cards feature. The cards we pulled are John L. Sullivan #151, Henry Cooper #129, and Joe Calzaghe #100.

Memorabilia Card

The fight-worn relic card we pulled from the box is Winky Wright #AM-44. It is a light blue swatch cut from one of his fight-worn boxing trunks. This is a very nice design for a relic set. Most of the relic cards feature silver and gold versions. Each memorabilia card will feature from 1 to up to 4 pieces in one card. There are even 1 of 1 boxing logo cards and ringside seat redemption cards.

Autograph Card

The autographed card we pulled from the box is the best hit of the box. It is an inscriptioned Sugar Shane Mosley #A-SM1 autograph! This card is absolutely incredible! All autograph cards are hard signed and available in Silver and Gold versions. There are 1 of 1 cut signatures and moniker cards as well!

Final Thoughts
    I love that Sportkings continues to pump out products towards collectors who enjoy boxing cards. There are not many boxing products out there, but this is one of the best. The checklist of boxers featured in this product include some of the best legends and current fighters out there. The designs and artwork of the cards are simply amazing. The base cards have solid designs that goes well with the fighter featured. The classic Turkey Red design is a favorite amongst all collectors. The memorabilia cards feature some nice looking 3 and 4 piece relics all on one card. The Sugar Shane Mosley Autograph is simply amazing and looks even better in person. I hope Sportkings continues to release boxing cards in the future as they definitely keep coming strong each year with a knockout product!

Product Rating
    Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product a A- for Sportkings!

NPN

There is no NPN information for this product.

I would like to thank Sportkings & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Great review Brad. Congrats on the Mosley Auto! It goes great along with the Mosley base card. Very nice colorful designs for the base cards.

Comment

Nice review! That Mosley Auto is awesome!

Comment

Sick Sugar Shane!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

nice auto! Sweet product
          I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
          http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
          I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Beautiful!
            Arizona Cardinals Autos
            Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
            Wrestling Autos
            Wrestling Relics

Comment

Great looking product and great review.

Sweet Sugar Shane Mosley auto.
              Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

gtrat review and sweet cards
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Nice review!

I'm not a big boxing fan anymore, but I did recognize a few of the names you pulled.
                  - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Great review! Awesome auto pull!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Nice review, and nice looking cards.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                      Orioles Autos I need
                      Baseball HOFers GU I need
                      Orioles GU I need
                      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Awesome break. Love the Sugar Shane.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
                        Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
                        Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
                        Colts Rookie Collection
                        Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Nice review, very nice looking product, the auto is just sweet.

Comment

Nice review, I like this product alot. Nice Sugar Shane!
                            "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Nice Review.

Comment

Working...
                              X