X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Press Pass Eclipse Racing

2010 PRESS PASS ECLIPSE RACING

24 packs per box 5 cards per pack
    Press Pass Eclipse 2010 is all new – featuring the first ever artistic NASCAR trading card set printed on textured paper with unique designs that elegantly match various artistic techniques with the excitement of NASCAR! Again in 2010 Press Pass Eclipse has four hits per hobby box - (3) Memorabilia Cards and (1) Autograph Card!

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    A 90 card base set broken down into 6 sections

- One Autograph Per Box Featuring Press Pass Autographs Found Only In Press Pass 2010 And Press Pass Eclipse. Also Look For Hobby Only Press Pass "Track Edition" Autographs, Seq. #'D To 10!

- Three Memorabilia Cards Per Box Featuring:
    *Big Name Swatches Event-Used Memorabilia Cards With One Card For Each Letter Of The Driver's Last Name. New For 2010 - Look For Cards #'d To The Driver's Door # Including Dale Earnhardt, Sr.!
    *Burning Rubber Race-Used Tire Cards From The Winners Of The Final 10 2009 Chase For The Sprint Cup Races!
    *Signature Series Shoe Edition - Special Race-Used Memorabilia Cards With Authentic Autographs; #'d To Driver's Door Number! Hobby Only!

- Press Pass Vault Instant Win Contest - Exclusive To Eclipse 2010 - Interactive Contest Featuring Exciting Autograph And Memorabilia Sets From The "Press Pass Vault"!

- Gallery Edition - Hobby Only Parallel!

- Four Wide Memorabilia Program - Hobby Only!

The 90 card Base set is broken down into 6 sections:

Drivers (1-27): Features portraits on many of the top drivers and quotes from team members.

Horsepower (28-46): Features an action shot of the cars in a race.

Anthology (47-64): Features race tracks from around the country it's Top 5 Win Leaders.

Party in the Desert (65-75): Features the annual banquet held that was normally held in New York City for nearly 3 decades and was hosted in Las Vegas for the first time.

Elite (76-84): Features amazing painted graphics of some of the top drivers in the sport.

2010 Manufacturer Switches (85-90): Features the teams switch in car make or sponsor.

2010 Press Pass Eclipse Racing is the first artistic NASCAR trading card set. The color and clarity on the base set cards is amazing. The attention to detail on these cards is second to none. This was a very exciting product to open.

What I Pulled:

Base Set- 88 of the 90 cards in the set with just 11 duplicates.

Gold Parallels:

I pulled 12 gold parallel cards:
    Drivers- Greg Biffle, Kyle Busch, Robby Gordon, Ryan Newman
    Horsepower- Denny Hamlin, Juan Pablo Montoya
    Anthology- Jeff Gordon: Indianapolis, Tony Stewart: Watkins Glen
    Party in the Desert- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Banquet- Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon
    2010- Manufacturer Switches- AJ Allmendinger, Kasey Kayne

Inserts:

Kasey Kayne- Focus Insert
    NASCAR Hall of Fame 2010- First Road Course Race Insert

Cars Inserts-

Joey Logano- Driving the No. 20 The Home Depot Toyota
    Jeff Gordon- Driving the No. 24 Dupont Chevrolet
    Mark Martin- Driving the No. 5 Kellogg's/Carquest Chevrolet
    Kyle Busch- Driving the No. 18 M&M's Toyota

Jeff Gordon- Decade Insert
    Carl Edwards- Decade Insert

Autograph & Memorabilia:

Kurt Busch- 2010 Press Pass Autograph

Mark Martin- Spellbound Swatches- Race-Used Firesuit Letter N # 100/150
    Brad Keselowski- Spellbound Swatches- Race-Used Firesuit Letter O # 012/120
    Joey Logano- Spellbound Swatches- Race-Used Tire Letter O # 021/299

The autographs and memorabilia that I pulled are all great cards. The Kurt Busch is a great autograph to pull, but I actually have 2 favorites.

First is the Keselowski because of the 2 Color NASCAR patch piece on the Firesuit Swatch.

The second is the Danica Patrick base card. Having Danica's 1st NASCAR cards in Press Pass products has peaked the interest of many collectors to buy this product to pull something of her.

Final Thoughts:

This was a fun product to open. The artistry, detail and precision on these cards is truly amazing. The combination of a painted style picture on the front with a retro look on the back will be a hit with collectors. As will all Press Pass products, the wide variety of On-Card autographs and the potential for multi-color swatch memorabilia that gives the collector the opportunity to spell out the name of their favorite driver(s), creates a buzz with this product and will put 2010 Press Pass Eclipse Racing on the top of everyone's want list.

Here's how I would rate the product:

Value- 5
    Innovation- 5
    Fun & Experience- 5
    Rebuy Value- 5

I rate this product a solid A+ for Press Pass!!!

NPN Information:

Hand print your name, complete address including your e-mail address on a 3x5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN Press Pass Eclipse 2010
    9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200
    Charlotte, NC. 28269

One card per envelope mailed separately and Postmarked by May 19, 2010 and received by May 26, 2010.

I would like to thank Kirsten at Press Pass and Card Collectors World for giving me the opportunity to open and review this product.

Also, be sure to check out the Press pass website at http://www.presspassinc.com/

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!!!
    Last edited by TKCards; 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM.

nice review! did you manage an extra danica base? if so, id love to work out a deal for it

Ed

Comment

Awesome box, thanks Press Pass!!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Very nice review. I dont know which design I like the most. The Manufacturer Switches and the Elite cards both look very nice.

Comment

nice review anything is better than Element, worst product ive ever seen! premium looks nice this year!
          My Site
          http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

Great review! Be sure to visit www.EclipseRacing2010.com to get a closer look at Elite (cards 76-84). They are actually mosaics and you can zoom in and see the pictures used on the website!

Comment

nice break, and nice review. any set that has Danica in it is ok with me!
              Ed

Comment

Love the Raced Used designs they look really cool, also the quality of the pictures overall are awesome!

Thanks press pass!

Comment

Originally posted by kmbarner View Post
                  Great review! Be sure to visit www.EclipseRacing2010.com to get a closer look at Elite (cards 76-84). They are actually mosaics and you can zoom in and see the pictures used on the website!

Those are really awesome!! That had to be a really time consuming sub-set to produce. Way to go

Dan

Comment

those are ausome
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Those mosaics are amazing. That had to take some work to complete.

Comment

Wow those Elite cards are carazy

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                        but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Working...
                        X