• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Press Pass The Legend of KISS

2010 Press Pass
    The Legend of KISS

Configuration: 24 packs per box, 5 cards per pack

The Legend of Kiss 100-card base set presents a chronological history of the band in a unique, artistic, storybook style.

KISS KUTS - 10 seq. #’d cards each from Gene and Paul featuring memorabilia and signature! ROCK STAR RELICES - Cards featuring authentic memorabilia pieces from items worn by Gene and Paul and more…1:90 (3 different levels to collect!). KISSIGNATURES - Authentic signatures from Gene, Paul, Peter and Ace (#’d to 35 or less). POP-UP CARDS - collect all six…1:8. FIRST EDITION BASE SET PARALLEL…#’d to 33; from the first sheets off the press! (hobby only). PROOF EDITION PARALLEL (Black un-#’d, Cyan #’d to 25)…1:4 (combined). Also look for rare press plates (hobby only). Odds are reflective of overall press run and do not guarantee number of insert cards per pack, box or case.

First, let me start off by thanking Press Pass for giving us the opportunity to review The Legend Of Kiss. Being a huge KISS Fan since 1973, I nervously awaited The Legend of Kiss Hobby Box to arrive at my door. I was at work when my wife called me at 2:30 in the afternoon. I left work at 5:00 pm, walked in the house around 5:20 pm, gave the wife and puppy their kisses, and sat down to open THE box.

What was pulled from our Hobby Box:

Base Cards: 1 - 100 (complete set!)

Base Card Extras: 8, 35, 46, 53, 55, 59, 66, 89, 93

Proof Edition Parallel (BLACK): 6, 10, 13, 23, 38, 83

Pop-Up Cards: PU3, PU4, PU5, PU6

Limited Edition Collector’s Album Card: 1

And while we were not guaranteed a hit, we did pull out of the third pack:

2010 Press Pass The Legend of KISS Card #71 Front/Yellow Press Plate 1 of 1

The odds breakdown:

Base Cards: Complete Set

Proof Edition Parallel (1:4): 6

Rock Star Relics (Not Guaranteed): 0

KISS Kuts (Not Guaranteed): 0

KISSignatures (Not Guaranteed): 0

Press Plates (Not Guaranteed): 1

Overall I was very pleased with the cards, the photographs of yesteryear and today brought back many memories. On the back of the cards you will find KISStory and several of the cards are used to make several puzzles.

My favorite card, well, it's just not possible to pick a favorite. My favorite cards are the four base cards shown above and the Black and White Proof Parallels. The scans really do not do these cards justice.

I was surprised that the cards are NOT thin. While there are not thick, they are sturdy.

These are not sports cards and as such if you are not a fan of KISS then you probably will not enjoy the cards. The KISS ARMY will love them!

*Value = 4
    *Innovation = 5
    *Fun and Experience = 4
    *Rebuy Value = 3

I rate this product a "B" for Press Pass.

NPN info: NO PUCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to US/Canadian (except Quebec) residents. For a chance to obtain any o the insert cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name and complete address, including your email address, on a 3X5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to: NPN PRESS PASS LEGEND OF KISS, 9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28269. Only one card per envelope mailed separately, postmarked by July 15, 2010 and received by July 22, 2010. No metered mail. Limit 1 request per household for PRESS PASS LEGEND OF KISS. Fialure to comply will result in your entry being disqualified. Drawings on or about August 5, 2010. Only persons selected witll be notified. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3X5 card the answer to the following skill-test question: 50 + (2X4) - 10 = ?

I would like to thank Press Pass and the staff at CCW for allowing me to review this product.

Support the sponsors that support CCW

Reviewed by: ranbethscards
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

ausome set, sweet inserts and that press plate is nice too
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

....keep an eye out for the contest coming......
      Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Very cool looking printing plate. I like the pop up cards, it is an innovative type of cards to use in a card set.

Comment

I have to agree with the best cards being the black and white. Those are awesome especially when set next to the colored cards. The Press Plate is a sweet pull too. I see that WWW.CollectandSave.com has them at $42 a box.

Dan

Comment

great box.. great pull. makes me wanna rock and roll all day.. and party every night

Comment

sweet! I remember staying up all night to watch a concert of KISS on TV, I was just a kid, and I was heck sleepy, but I thought they were so cool. The makeup, the blood spitting, the smoking guitar, the cables air lifting Ace, Peter Criss' crazy drum set, the light show, etc. It was definately nothing I've ever seen before.

gotta get a base set!
              http://photobucket.com/cards_for_trade_or_sale
              and my personal auto collection
              http://photobucket.com/tiger_tiger_cards_PC
              Autograph cards WANTS: Mike Vernon, Larry Kwong, Bob Cole
              Wants: GU All star net cards, 72, 76 Future Trends autos.

Comment

Great review Randy.

Awesome looking cards!!
                Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Working...
                X