Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Press Pass Premium Racing

2010 Press Pass Premium Racing
    Press Pass Premium is back again this year with an exciting new design to get racing collectors revved up for the 2010 Nascar season.

Set Features:
    Look to pull (1) Race-Worn Memorabilia and (1) Autographed cards per box (on average)!
    Find Danica Patrick Autograph Cards!!

-Hot Threads - Race-used firesuits....1:20

-Press Pass Premium Signatures - Exclusive autograph sticker program 2010...1:20

- 100- Card base set featuring all new photography

5 cards per pack, 20 packs per box

Base Tiers

· Regular Base (#'s 1-35)

· Machines (#'s 36-48)

· In The Clutch (#'s 49-54)

· Suited Up (#'s 55-66)

· Leader of the Pack (#'s 67-72)

· Passing Game (#'s 73-79)

· Preseason Thunder (#'s 80-83)

· A Day in the Life (#'s 84-90)

. Short Prints (#'s 91-100) 1:15 packs

Inserts

. Class of 2010 HOF 1:20 packs

· Allies 1:6 packs

· Rivals 1:10 packs

Memorabilia

. Hot Threads 1:20 packs

. Premium Pairings (numbered to 25)

. Hot Threads Premium Pieces (hobby only)

Autograph

. Premium Signatures 1:20 packs

. Premium Signatures Red ink (numbered to 25)

. Premium Pairings Signature Edition (numbered to 5 hobby only)

Here's what was included in the 2010 Press Pass Premium Racing Break:

Base Cards:
    The base cards have a very nice design, they are very colorful and I love the fact that the car is behind the driver in the picture.

The Machine cards are very cool, I love the fact there are 3 different views of the car, Its like viewing the entire car at once!

The in the clutch cards take a look into the car's. Also the right border of each card have a picture of tires. The close up of the drivers in the car is something very unique!

The suited up cards are very different yet cool. Each driver seems to look into the horizon in the photos making you wonder what exactally they are looking at.

The leaders of the pack cards are great. Each card is a picture from Daytona and are unique in that they are pictures taken in the middle of the turn.

The passing game cards are again very unique. The drivers car is standing out while the other car's in there are blurred out which gives a mysterious yet awesome look.

The preseason thunder cards show the celebration of drivers winning a race, and its always good to see their excitement.

The day in the life cards take a look into Brian Vickers life, from the fun of racing go karts, to signing for fans, to being in the brodcast booth, it shows different views of a drivers life.

We pulled 91/100 for the base set, we were only missing 9 cards which were all short printed, there were also 2 doubles of base cards pulled.

Inserts

The HOF cards have a distinct look. Theres the retro look in the middle which is done very nicely. The top and bottom of the card also show a wood type of look as well.

The allies design features two different drivers together the background of the card is awesome, the dark design brings the photo of the drivers to standout more.

The rival insert was done extremely well. It really seems as if there is a tense look between both drivers making it all the more real.

Memorabilia
    The Hot Threads race used firesuit is numbered 36/125. The background behind the card looks to be a fire behind Newman which matches the fact the race used feature is a firesuit.

Autographs
    The Premium Signatures is a very clean design, we pulled an Autograph of Carl Edwards who has a great signature, this was a sticker Autograph however it was hard to notice it was.

Final Thoughts on 2010 Press Pass Premium Racing:

Press Pass did excellent with this product. I had been thinking of buying a box of racing for awhile now, and when I was given the oppurtunity to review this I jumped on it. I was very impressed, the multiple subsets in the base set were all excellent and the designs of all cards in the box were very well done.

Here's how I would rate this product:
    • Value = 5
    • Innovation = 5
    • Fun and Experience = 5
    • Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an "A+" for Press Pass!

I would like to thank Kirsten & Press Pass for giving me the chance to review this new product.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to U.S/Canadian (except Quebec) residents. For a chance to obtain any of the insert cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name and complete address, including your email address, on a 3 X 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to: NPN PRESS PASS PREMIUM 2010, 9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200, Charlotte NC 28269. Only one card per envelope mailed separately postmarked by July 15, 2010 and received by July 22, 2010. No metered mail. Limit 1 request per household for Press Pass Premium 2010. Failure to comply will result in your entry being disqualified. Drawings on or about August 5, 2010. Only persons selected will be notified. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3 X 5 card the answer to the following skill-test question: 50 + (2X4) - 10 = ?

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Great review of a great product!

My hat is off to Press Pass on this one.

I'm envious that you got to do the review.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Nice review Dan,

I really love the Rival cards, it's like you can tell they don't like each other. Ironically Gordon is mad at Johnson right now lol. I also love the "In the Clutch" cards, the design is amazing.
      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Excellent Review. Really digging Press Pass this year! Lovin the Allies and Rivals inserts.
        TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
        A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Awesome review, and great hits!
          http://mdclapps.webs.com/
          http://s783.photobucket.com/home/mdclapps/index
          I will trade or buy for needed Brad Keselowski items.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice work, as always Press Pass!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Nice review Dan. I like the look of the In The Clutch and Allies cards. Sweet pull on the auto.

Comment

A very nice set of cards. The autograph really looks nice!

Comment

Overall great set of cards. The auto cards looked sharp. The only thing I couldn't figure out is some of the pairing of drivers on the Allies inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer View Post
                    Overall great set of cards. The auto cards looked sharp. The only thing I couldn't figure out is some of the pairing of drivers on the Allies inserts.

So true about a couple of the Allies inserts....but Press Pass hit it right on the head with the Gordon/Johnson Rivals insert!
                    Randy
                    United States Air Force, Retired
                    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

My hats off to Press Pass with this release. How did they ever get Gordon and Johnson to pose together for that shot?

Very nice review of an outstanding product.

Dan

Comment

A good set of cards. I agree that some of the rivals and allies don't really seem to fit.
                        Looking for HOF GU and autos in all sports!

http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/martymad/

Comment

Originally posted by dlong1 View Post
                          My hats off to Press Pass with this release. How did they ever get Gordon and Johnson to pose together for that shot?
                          I'm hoping this was a sarcastic question....

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                          Johnson/Mears/
                          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

These cards look pretty good. Like the Machines, leader of the pack, passing game, Hall of Fame, and auto cards.

Those cards have a "wow, cool card" factor for me.
                            http://photobucket.com/cards_for_trade_or_sale
                            and my personal auto collection
                            http://photobucket.com/tiger_tiger_cards_PC
                            Autograph cards WANTS: Mike Vernon, Larry Kwong, Bob Cole
                            Wants: GU All star net cards, 72, 76 Future Trends autos.

Comment

Another great set from Press Pass.
                              Not a big fan of the sticker autos.
                              Glad they used different color ink for the SP autos.
                              No parallel sets other than the Fast pass purples. Nice not having to chase 5 different versions of the same card.....base, blue, gold, purple.....
                              I collect: Nascar Dale Jr, Ryan Newman and Steve Park
                              FB-- Vikings, Steelers, Raiders and University of Montana Grizzlies alumni

Photobucket: http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o59/rks_331/

Comment

Working...
                              X