Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports Illustrated 1st Issue for TRADE!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Illustrated 1st Issue for TRADE!!!

I was given a Sports Illustrated Volume #1 Issue #1, dated August 16, 1954. I have the envelope it came in (which is in bad shape), but the magazine itself is in fairly good condition. It also has all the cards (they're paper) intact inside and in great condition. I have heard they have sold for over $225. If I can get some nice Ryan's I would consider trading it off, but I will be picky with how much trade value and what I will take for it. I would possibly consider a combination of things, as long as I get some Ryan's I need. I probably won't let it go for less that $300 in trade. We'll see how this thread goes and if it works out someone could get a nice piece of history in there collection Thanks, JOSH

Last edited by jdthakid36; 04-09-2011, 09:51 PM.
    JDThakid36's Trade Page

Anyone interested in this nice piece? I went to a local cardshop and they looked up some that recently sold on eBay...one sold for $177! I feel $300 in trade is pretty fair. PLMK if anyone is interested. Thanks,

Josh
    JDThakid36's Trade Page

Comment

What u looking for in trade for it??????????????????????
      If u say Pujols or A=Rod auto;s then i don;t have either but i do have a lot of nice tradeable stuff i can move for it.
      Terry
      The bear

Comment

Originally posted by Northernbear View Post
        What u looking for in trade for it??????????????????????
        If u say Pujols or A=Rod auto;s then i don;t have either but i do have a lot of nice tradeable stuff i can move for it.
        Terry
        The bear
        I'd love to pick up $300 worth of Nolan Ryan's I need. I'll also look at a combination of Ryan's I need and various trade bait. ARod and Pujols AUTO's would be nice...but I'll consider other trade bait. Below is a list of some of the things i'd look at as far as trade bait's concerned. If I can get some higher end bait, that would be helpful. PLMK. Thanks,

Josh

- Nolan Ryan's I NEED *** Top priority
        - Derek Jeter GU'd and AUTOs
        - Albert Pujols RCs, GU'd, AUTOs
        - various $50+ RC's, AUTO's, GU'd, etc...
        JDThakid36's Trade Page

Comment

Have 4 N Ryan Game used avaible 6 D Jeter and 6 A Pujols game used that i can move.
          The Grandkids collection i will not touch as they have the D Jeter and the Pujols and Ryan Auto;s but as i said that is there's and i will not touch it.
          Elsewise i have what i told u avaible and also have some nice Rookies avaible as well.
          Terry
          The bear

Comment

Have 4 N Ryan Game used avaible 6 D Jeter and 6 A Pujols game used that i can move.
            The Grandkids collection i will not touch as they have the D Jeter and the Pujols and Ryan Auto;s but as i said that is there's and i will not touch it.
            Elsewise i have what i told u avaible and also have some nice Rookies avaible as well.
            Terry
            The bear
            Can you get me a list of those 4 Ryan GU'd, 6 Pujols GU'd, and 6 Jeter GU'd? I understand on the grandkids stuff. If my grandpa traded my cards...i'd be upset, ha ha. Honestly though, I don't think i've ever been mad at my "Papa" (i'm 28, and still call him that, as do my kids...all the other grandkids call him "grandpa"...i'm the favorite, ha ha). I look forward to possibly sending this S.I. your way. Thanks!

Josh
            JDThakid36's Trade Page

Comment

Yes i will make u up that list and we can go from there.
              Terry
              The Bear

Comment

Yes i will make u up that list and we can go from there.
                Terry
                The Bear
                Great! I look forward to it. Thanks!
                JDThakid36's Trade Page

Comment

07 Fleer Ultra Grey Jersey D Jeter
                  07 SPX Duel Grey Jerseys D J
                  07 UD Series 1 Grey Jer D J
                  07 UD Series 1 Grey Jer DJ and is different appeareance than the first 07
                  05 UD MLB Seaon Opener W/Blue Pin
                  08 UD Series 2 Grey Jer

A Pujols
                  06 Bow Hert Error card Jersey on Front and Bat Piece on Back is a Bat
                  06 Bow Hert Letter B Grey Jersey
                  09 Sweetspot W/Jer
                  07 Fleer Ultra W/Jer
                  08 UD Series 1 W/Jer
                  08 Topps 07 Highlights W/Jer
                  Just Minors Graded to 10 A Pujols Rookie Card
                  N Ryan
                  03 Fleer Boyhood Idols W/Jer 531/615
                  01 Bowman Best Franchise Favorites W/Jer
                  01 Fleer Platinum National Patch Time W/Jersey
                  05 Topps Gallery W/Jer

Terry
                  The bear

Comment

PLMK if these below are "crease" free, and if so, what are your thoughts on this lot for the SI? The main reason i'm asking about the creases is that i've recieved several lately, and they have creases and/or bends at or near the GU'd pieces. I want to avoid that if possible. Thanks again.

Josh

Derek Jeter
                    2005 Upper Deck Season Opener MLB Game-Worn Jersey Collection #DJ - $25.00
                    2007 Ultra Faces of the Game Materials #DJ - $20.00
                    07 SPX Duel Grey Jerseys D J - #30.00
                    07 UD Series 1 Grey Jer D J - $20.00
                    07 UD Series 1 Grey Jer DJ and is different appeareance than the first 07 - $20.00
                    2008 Upper Deck UD Game Materials #DJ - $20.00

$135.00

Albert Pujols
                    2006 Bowman Heritage Pieces of Greatness #AP Bat - $20.00
                    2006 Bowman Heritage Pieces of Greatness #AP2 Jsy - $15.00

$35.00

Nolan Ryan
                    2001 Bowman's Best Franchise Favorites Relics FFRNR Jsy $50.00 - NEED
                    2001 Fleer Platinum National Patch Time 51 S1 $40.00 - NEED
                    2003 Fleer Rookies and Greats Boyhood Idols Game Used NR Jsy $25.00 - HAVE
                    2005 Topps Gallery Heritage Relics NR 90 HL Jsy $25.00 - HAVE

$140.00
                    JDThakid36's Trade Page

Comment

Everything i trade is close to mt or very close in all my dealings either Vintage or Game used and i stand 100 % behind everything i trade for no questions asked.
                      U will never get any junk from me and until the Topps Forum went down i lacked 1 trade of having 8,000 trades thats right 8.000 trades done and i never got back none of my stuff and if their ever was a question it was handley in a timely matter and i left no one out to lunch because of my trading ababilites.
                      I ran a business of my own for 32 years and worked as a certified mechanic for 17 years for my Dad and he taught me one important thing in life; if u can;t be honest with urself u can;t be honest with the public and i have lived to tthat crede my entire life and i am 63 and still belueving and doing it right or not at all.
                      Check Brock0989 as i have over 2 thousand trades alone with him and get his imput before u decide if i am honest or not.
                      Terry
                      The bear

Comment

Terry, I trust you sir. I was just asking to double check. I've missed some damage in the past, so it's an honest miss sometimes. Like I said, I trust your judgement, as your reputation speaks for itself. PLMK if you'll trade the lot of Jeter's, Pujols, and Ryan's for the Sports Illustrated. I would like to mail first, if we make this deal, so that you can check out the condition of the magazine. The card shop I went to yesterday (Cavalier Cards in Charlottesville, VA...highly respected shop) said $450 was not an un-reasonable trade value to ask for, considering the condition it's in. I'm ok with $300-$350 in trade value, so PLMK. Thanks,

Josh
                        JDThakid36's Trade Page

Comment

Josh
                          I am good with this trade but i do want to see a complete picture front and rear of the entire book as this picture is very cropped and i want to see what all the edges look like as i am going to frame this and antique it as well in a oak frame and i want it to look as authentic as possible.
                          U good with this and do this for me then we can work our trade out.
                          Is that fair enough.
                          Terry
                          The Bear

Comment

Josh
                            I am good with this trade but i do want to see a complete picture front and rear of the entire book as this picture is very cropped and i want to see what all the edges look like as i am going to frame this and antique it as well in a oak frame and i want it to look as authentic as possible.
                            U good with this and do this for me then we can work our trade out.
                            Is that fair enough.
                            Terry
                            The Bear

I understand, and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I want to send you this first, before you send my end, so that you can see it first hand before you make your decision. If, when you get it, you're not satisfied, send it back and i'll reimburse your S/H. Sound good? We'll wait to post the deal until you get the magazine. I figured it would be better for someone like yourself to own this, someone who will enjoy its history, rather than someone like me who just doesn't have any interest in it...but I can't let it go for free, ha ha. Like I said before, I think the $300-$350 trade value is extremely fair, considering some of the sale prices i've seen, as well as opinions from two local dealers (one was in Richmond about 2 years ago, and the other was in Charlottesville, VA yesterday). I didn't want to push my luck by asking $450 trade, which is what the dealer suggested yesterday. I want to move it, and I have held on to it for a while.

Please PM me your address and i'll put in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks in advance!

Josh
                            JDThakid36's Trade Page

Comment

Josh
                              Use mbeaulieu9@maine.rr.com and u will get my addey and we will do as u said and let me see what i am getting first hand.
                              Not a problem and if i am not satisfied i will return it or i will mail my end of the trade right out and u can post up the trade.
                              Not a problem and just email me and i will give u my addey bud.
                              Since identity thief i will no longer allow my addey to be given out as it cost my ins co 30 grand and paypal got a free ride for not taken care of business and leaking my personal info as well.
                              Terry
                              The Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X