This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A package from Brads55...opened!

I'm NOT the best at this kind of stuff....in fact...it's my first video/speaking break.

Thanks Brad!....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/caQH5_WA5a8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/caQH5_WA5a8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by Brads55; 07-27-2010, 12:45 AM.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

LOL, awesome! Great video break! Nice to see the personality behind the username! Can't wait to see Beth open hers!

Brad~
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

The 1/1 Sketch blew me away. Trust me...that card is getting a place of honor in the Man Cave!

....and I know when Beth sees the Garrard Patch she is going to convince me (as if I need to be convinced) to start collecting Patch cards.

Thanks again Brad!
      Randy
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

You're right...that is a sweet Labonte card. The patch is pretty cool too. Congrats!!
        ALL Danica Patrick items--vintage Reds/B.Dodgers--vintage (pre-1980) empty wax wrappers/boxes--P.Manning RCs--oddball pre-1970 paper products
        http://s177.photobucket.com/home/dupontis1

Comment

Sick Garrard Patch!
          sigpic

Comment

OMG RBC i forgot to ship out the MM1 from A&G ive been so busy latey,please tell me if you still need it,im so sorry bro.

By the way very nice package from Brad,you seem very happy with them,sick cards
            Click My Banner To See My Bucket
            Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Crap...just rewatched the video.....I actually said "SWEET!" three times? What the heck? and what was this with the "very very nice"....."very very very nice"..... crap.. is it too late to delete the video and start over?

Oh well....at least the "F" word (no...NOT fire truck) didn't slip out!

Thanks again Brad.
                Randy
                ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

My pleasure buddy. The video was excellent! Amanda and I definitely enjoyed it. And you calling yourself out, well, thats just classic....
                  TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Comment

What is a sketch card? Did Brad draw it.......or was it in packs or something?
                    http://mdclapps.webs.com/
                    http://s783.photobucket.com/home/mdclapps/index
                    I will trade or buy for needed Brad Keselowski items.
                    sigpic

Comment

The "Sketch" is by R. Schieber Jr.

A friend of Brads.

It is signed on the back and says 1/1 Original Sketch Card 2010.

But Brad can probably explain more.....
                      Randy
                      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

OK, cool!

If Brad can get a sketch of.....well.....Brad (K-Ski), that'd be sweet....very, very,very sweet!

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post

A friend of Brads.

http://mdclapps.webs.com/
                        http://s783.photobucket.com/home/mdclapps/index
                        I will trade or buy for needed Brad Keselowski items.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mdclapps View Post
                          OK, cool!

If Brad can get a sketch of.....well.....Brad (K-Ski), that'd be sweet....very, very,very sweet!

Michael!

I was actually thinking of seeing what it would cost to have a sketch done of all the current drivers. I'd like to get a set of the top 30 drivers (according to the cup chase).

...and yes!...it would include K-ski.. (note: this would NOT be the first K-ski card I have in my PC!)
                          Randy
                          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

What is a sketch card? Did Brad draw it.......or was it in packs or something?
                            Sketch cards can be one of two types. A certified pack pulled sketch card, which are now found in packs from companys like Topps, Upper Deck, Rittenhouse. And then there are PSC, or personal sketch cards. Which are true 1/1 sketches in there own regard. As they are sketched off of a commission between the buyer and the artist. I will explain further below...

A friend of Brads.
                            I had commissioned Mr. Schieber to draw up some cards of Randy (and his wife Beth) favorite drivers. I used this artist inparticular as he focuses on drawing sports stars and real life personalities. "Most" sketch card artists focus on Non-Sport sketches, like Marvel and DC. But some also do TV shows like True Blood and Dexter. So sometimes, if you send them the appropriate pictures to work off of, they can also draw up sports stars when requested/commissioned. Most commissioned sketch artists do this on their free time when not working and the like. So even though you might pay to have something commissioned, it can take weeks and sometimes months, to get your sketch completed and sent. So you must keep that in mind at all times. Also keep in mind that the artists are from all over the world. So shipping can also take a little longer then usual. As for the 1/1 put on the sketch, pretty much all sketch artists put that on their cards these days, but still many don't. Its obvious, once the cards are in hand, that they are truely drawn, and absolutely not prints/copies. And the 1/1 is just that. The artists does not recreate any piece the same way twice.

OK, cool!
                            If you want to PM me your interest after reading the rest of this post through, I can let you know where I'm at on my commissions with artists, etc. I'm sorry but I don't just give out the artists information. As they normally work these in as 'favors' to me as most of my artists do work for the big companys for actual pack pulled sketch cards.

Michael!

I was actually thinking of seeing what it would cost to have a sketch done of all the current drivers. I'd like to get a set of the top 30 drivers (according to the cup chase).

...and yes!...it would include K-ski.. (note: this would NOT be the first K-ski card I have in my PC!)
                            Well as it sounds great in theory, its almost impossible. Well at least finding an artist that will commit to that much work in a set like that. Not to say its not possible. But really, money talks I suppose. I'm not here to steer anybody away from getting into sketch cards, but I would guess that a project that big would likely run between $500-$750. Sketch cards, depending on the artist and the amount of detail of course, can run between $10 to $40 a piece. Some would say, why would I want to spend that much money on a sketch card by some artist if I could put that money into an autograph or relic. Personally, I love getting sketch cards in. I have 8 Griffey's done so far and excited to get more!

I hope that answers everybodys questions on sketch cards, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
                            TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Comment

Working...
                            X