2013 Certifed Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Certifed Box

Hits: (pathetic, I think this is now officially my worst hobby box ever. Seems lately each box becomes my new worst). As much as I like these cards, that is the end for Certified unless the price drops to around $40/box.

Potential Materials Matt Barkley /299 ($8 BV)
    Mirror Red Materials Kenny Britt /299 ($6 BV)
    Landry Jones JSY AU RC /499 ($10 BV)
    Mirror Red Signatures Jamar Taylor /999 ($6 BV)

RC /999:
    Travis Kelce ($2 BV)
    Kenny Stills ($3 BV)
    Phillip Thomas ($2.50 BV)

Inserts:
    Immortals Tim Brown /999 ($2.50 BV)
    Mirror Blue Greg Jennings /100 ($5 BV)
    Mirror Red Jeremy Maclin /250 ($2.50 BV)
    Mirror Red Blaine Gabbert /250 ($2.50 BV)
    I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies
    (Manziel, Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Ryan Swope, Sean Porter, Luke Joeckel, Damontre Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Cyrus Gray, Jeff Fuller, Martellus Bennett, Stephen McGee, Goodson, Jerrod Johnson, V. Miller, Acie Law, DeAndre Jordan, Antoine Wright, Justin Ruggiano, etc.).
    Email: rbredskin@windstream.net

wow, looks like my magic box from yesterday, pulled 3 common auto's and one was a redemption
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Bad boxes are discouraging, especially when you can only spend a little on cardboard at a time. It's gotten to the point where there are products I like, but will only buy singles of because the cost is to high to not get hits that I like.

Getting a bad break also kinda makes you wonder why the companies sign the people they sign… I guess no company wants to be the one that doesn't have a RC for the next Tom Brady. You also have to blame this years draft class… next year that Matt Barkley could easily be a Johnny Manziel!
      PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

This is all I've seen and heard from collectors that purchased 2013 products! The industry must do more to help collectors with hits, especially in a year like this. I give them credit in dropping the price significantly, but more must be done! This is one reason that I officially refuse to purchase any 2013 products. The value and quality of this years cards are horrible.
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Agree with all comments, especially this years draft class being an overall stinker. The positive is that the next 2 boxes I have for opening (Elite and Magic) can only be better. If not, look for me in the obits lol.

Yesterday at the show, going through the $1 boxes, I grabbed a 2011 Playbook Jimmy Smith AU RC (fellow trader who collects Redskins/Ravens). That $1 card was better than anything out of this $67 box.
          Last edited by RBRedskin; 01-26-2014, 09:15 AM.
          I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies
          (Manziel, Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Ryan Swope, Sean Porter, Luke Joeckel, Damontre Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Cyrus Gray, Jeff Fuller, Martellus Bennett, Stephen McGee, Goodson, Jerrod Johnson, V. Miller, Acie Law, DeAndre Jordan, Antoine Wright, Justin Ruggiano, etc.).

Comment

For your sake as well as other forum members, I wish you the best of luck. Before anyone writes back to me regarding the 2013 draft class stating there are a few playmakers, I would like to point out a key critical issue.

We collect to collect! No one is wrong! The point I'm about to make is for collectors to look at BV of this years cards. I'm sure many members are aware of this moot point, these card values in 2013 are way below the nominal and expectable values. This really hurts collectors which in turn hurt the industry as a whole. I'm shocked to see a 2013 Chrome hobby box sell in the approximate range of $50.00 or a 2013 Bowman Sterling sell for $160.00! 2012 Chrome was going for $135.00 in its debut and Bowman Sterling sold above the $300.00 price point! This fact alone brought up red flags for me. If something is too good to be true...
            I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Originally posted by RBRedskin View Post
              Agree with all comments, especially this years draft class being an overall stinker. The positive is that the next 2 boxes I have for opening (Elite and Magic) can only be better. If not, look for me in the obits lol.

Yesterday at the show, going through the $1 boxes, I grabbed a 2011 Playbook Jimmy Smith AU RC (fellow trader who collects Redskins/Ravens). That $1 card was better than anything out of this $67 box.
              I actually enjoyed opening 2013 hobby boxes of Prestige, Elite, and Certified with Mrs. Toshi. The first two products definitely had far superior graphics than 2012 Prestige and Elite. 2012 Certified was my very first hobby box, so for nostalgic reasons, I purchased 2013 Certified. It's extremely tempting to make a purchase of 2013 products especially at these ridicules prices! But, I try to discipline my thoughts in that for $50.00 more, I can purchase a 2012 product and be extremely pleased by my breaks. One example is my recent 2012 Panini Crown Royale hobby box break with my big hit on the Rookie Silhouette 4 Color Prime Patch Tannehill!

Comment

Pretty much all of the 2012 products are still priced well above the 2013. And that is because of the possibility of pulling Luck, Griffin and Wilson along with several other good rookies. This years best rookies would probably only be 2nd tier rookies in 2012.
                Originally posted by hayn View Post
                For your sake as well as other forum members, I wish you the best of luck. Before anyone writes back to me regarding the 2013 draft class stating there are a few playmakers, I would like to point out a key critical issue.

We collect to collect! No one is wrong! The point I'm about to make is for collectors to look at BV of this years cards. I'm sure many members are aware of this moot point, these card values in 2013 are way below the nominal and expectable values. This really hurts collectors which in turn hurt the industry as a whole. I'm shocked to see a 2013 Chrome hobby box sell in the approximate range of $50.00 or a 2013 Bowman Sterling sell for $160.00! 2012 Chrome was going for $135.00 in its debut and Bowman Sterling sold above the $300.00 price point! This fact alone brought up red flags for me. If something is too good to be true...

Comment

Personally I am done with hobby boxes from 2013, I'll stick to a few packs here and there, or singles. The bad thing is that 2012 products are still priced so high, they have been out so long, and many star rookies have already been pulled, I don't see them as worth buying when the chance of hits is so small.

Looks like I will be saving for 2014's draft class. I see some real potential start power there, and if nothing else, there will be rookies that others will pay handsomely for… haha!
                  PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

Saving up for 2014 sounds like a good idea. I know getting Manziels is going to cost me.

Originally posted by drubacca117 View Post
                    Personally I am done with hobby boxes from 2013, I'll stick to a few packs here and there, or singles. The bad thing is that 2012 products are still priced so high, they have been out so long, and many star rookies have already been pulled, I don't see them as worth buying when the chance of hits is so small.

Looks like I will be saving for 2014's draft class. I see some real potential start power there, and if nothing else, there will be rookies that others will pay handsomely for… haha!

Comment

Dang that was a rough box. I love certified but that kind of crap hurts to look at.
                      -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
                      http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
                      http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Originally posted by drubacca117 View Post

I must beg to differ. From a statistical standpoint, numbers were run at Kent State by Brett and some friends just to see if an old retarded Japanese man was correct in his statement that; "We've only skimmed the surface of 2012 hits, there are possibly another 60% of hits still unopened"!

Though a cost for a 2012 hobby box is nominal, there are products like 2012 Chrome and Contenders that has almost doubled. I don't know the formula used by the students, so don't ask me. I can't even find my glasses 99% of the time! According to them, what hobby boxes that are still unopened, the chance of pulling a hit to at least cover the cost of the hobby box is close to 75%! That's better than spending $160.00 on a 2013 Bowman Sterling and pulling the main hit of Le'Veon Bell.

I have proved this point, look at my 2012 Crown Royale break. Not amazing, but still worth the time and money. I must also note that the Tannehill hit was my first hit of him. Prior to this, I purchased a 2012 Elite, only to pull a 2012 Trent Richardson patch auto that booked at $150.00. I think my next hobby box will be 2012 Absolute!

Comment

What I have found odd is that usually at this point there are more clearance items of previous years available, (2012). But since it is such a great rookie class the price is not dropping, where as the 2013 products are dropping at a ridiculous rate (I know the point was made earlier).

So 2012 product has a stable price, but 2013 is dropping, sad really

As for the start of this thread, yikes what a bad break! Sorry about that, I wish the companies would go back to putting in GAME USED, not this relic "player-worn" garbage!

I remember a day when you could get a rookie auto, a GAME USED or two and then a shot at either a famous great GAME USED or auto. Not this one or two low end rookie autos and two "relics"...
                          Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
                          http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

Working...
                          X