Mystery NPN Theater 3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery NPN Theater 3000

My first ever No-Purchase-Necessary success. Well, it can be considered a success only in that I received a card in the mail. Topps sent me a 2010 Legendary Lineage #57 Yogi Berra/Jorge Posada card. It's not a bad card, but I already have it (And I'm not a Yankees fan. Don't they know that?). I think if Topps could get away with it, they would only produce Yankee cards. They obviously hold the record for most cards produced of one player in any complete baseball card set (Mickey Mantle). I wish someone would start a card company out of St. Louis and over-produce Stan Musial cards.

Anyway, back to my story...

The bubble mailer envelope they sent my card in was mysterious. There was an incomplete return address on the envelope (There was no name...only the street address.), so I didn't know who it was from at first. There was no letter or receipt or "thanks for the trade" note inside the envelope either...only another smaller paper envelope with the card inside. It actually took me a while to figure out that this was an NPN card. I had to look at the outside of the bubble mailer again. After I examined the return address, I recognized it as the address that I had sent my 3x5 card to months ago for the NPN program. Topps only has a couple of different addresses that they use for NPNs, so it wasn't hard to recognize once I paid attention to it.

So I guess Topps like to keep their NPN cards on the down-low. But I couldn't quite figure out why.

Thanks for the card, Topps. I'll try to find a good home for it.

More...
    Voted the #1 sports blog on the internet.........by ME!!!
    sigpic
Working...
X