Mansfield Mass - Bill Buckner Signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield Mass - Bill Buckner Signing

Show is this weekend at the Holiday Inn in Mansfield Mass.

Bill Buckner is signing for 15 bucks.

Typically a very good show! I think they expanded to 82 tables this month!

http://www.cardboardpromotions.com/

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Originally posted by schwood View Post
    Show is this weekend at the Holiday Inn in Mansfield Mass.

Bill Buckner is signing for 15 bucks.

Typically a very good show! I think they expanded to 82 tables this month!

Was the the past weekend of the 11th and 12th or the upcoming weekend? I would love to have a bat I own signed by Buckner. I got a Brockton Rox ball signed by him at a before a game recently, but he seemed very unhappy to sign it. I'm kind of surprised he did. I was not pushy or anything, simply asked him to sign a ball. I will not ask him to sign anything before a came again. I would prefer to find him at one of his signings, but I have no idea of how to find out where he would be signing next. I found this post (by you) through google...but my guess is, judging by the date of your post, it meant the weekend of the 11th and 12th.

Comment

Sorry bud...

Originally posted by Soulweb View Post
      Was the the past weekend of the 11th and 12th or the upcoming weekend? I would love to have a bat I own signed by Buckner. I got a Brockton Rox ball signed by him at a before a game recently, but he seemed very unhappy to sign it. I'm kind of surprised he did. I was not pushy or anything, simply asked him to sign a ball. I will not ask him to sign anything before a came again. I would prefer to find him at one of his signings, but I have no idea of how to find out where he would be signing next. I found this post (by you) through google...but my guess is, judging by the date of your post, it meant the weekend of the 11th and 12th.
      Actually, yeah, the signing was on Monday the 5th. It was a good show. He was a great guy. Sorry about not getting back to you bud.

Check out the promotional thingy for the upcoming shows...

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
        Actually, yeah, the signing was on Monday the 5th. It was a good show. He was a great guy. Sorry about not getting back to you bud.

Check out the promotional thingy for the upcoming shows...

Darn! Thanks for the quick reply. I think when I approached him before the Rox game he probably didn't want to bother. My first season watching the Sox was literally 1986...my junior HS year. Ever since then it's been sort of like a cult following for me. Maligned by my friends for years, though it has let off considerably in the past decade. It's insane that someone so sincerely amazing, by the numbers (facts) alone should be immortalized by a relatively routine error. But that's part of what makes him fun to collect...and cheap too. lol

He seemed genuinely bothered by me asking him to sign a ball before the Rox game (at family day no less). I brought two balls with me. One for myself and one for my boss. But i was very lucky to get the one signed. After the game at the signing he was not present. I assume he didn't want to take away from his players moment, but still. A lot of people in line wanted his autograph. Ah well.

I'll meet him during a signing someday. My one and only meeting with him was met by a grumble (literally grumbled when I asked for an autograph) and no eye contact. lol Ah well.

Comment

Working...
        X