Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan who gave Jeter ball to get own card (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan who gave Jeter ball to get own card (AP)

The fan who returned Derek Jeter's ball from his 3,000th hit will get a bit of personal memorabilia -- his own baseball card. Topps will produce a trading card featuring Christian Lopez that will be included in sets later this year. Company vice president for sports Mark Sapir says Topps employees were impressed by Lopez's selfless act.

More...

Really?????

Comment

And it will be an SP lol

I really don't know if it will be but I don't see why they would make a card for him.
      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

je just keeps getting more and more, if this had been for a player that wasnt for the yankees. then the guy wouldnt have got this much
        Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

Yankee/Jeter media hype..Amazing really

Comment

Originally posted by thebighurt035 View Post
            And it will be an SP lol

I really don't know if it will be but I don't see why they would make a card for him.
            SP = Stupid People ?

Comment

Originally posted by Phlash View Post
              je just keeps getting more and more, if this had been for a player that wasnt for the yankees. then the guy wouldnt have got this much
              not true he would have gotten more. This kid got jobbed. An easy 500k ball he took some tickets a baseball card and some signed gear.

Capital H O S E D

If it is anybody and a fan gets a hold of the 3k hit ball they would cash out regardless of team

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

i woulda gave the ball back without even thinking twice about selling it
                Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

me too no doubt

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by ac-n-mike View Post
                    SP = Stupid People ?

Yup.

And if I had that ball I would sell it to the highest bidder,no BS.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                      not true he would have gotten more. This kid got jobbed. An easy 500k ball he took some tickets a baseball card and some signed gear.

Capital H O S E D

If it is anybody and a fan gets a hold of the 3k hit ball they would cash out regardless of team
                      Most people had the ball valued at 150 to 200 grand. No way it got near 500K.

No one knows what they would have done if they caught the ball, and it is not fair to judge him because of it. Right now, I would probably give it back but when I was 21 in college and was broke, I would probably have sold it. To each his own.
                      Working on 2007 SPx Baseball Rookies Sub Set

Needs
                      104,105,106,107,110,111,117,118,119,120,122,124,12 5,127,128,129,131,132,133,134,135,137,139,140,143, 145,146

Comment

Originally posted by Peties Army View Post
                        Most people had the ball valued at 150 to 200 grand. No way it got near 500K.

No one knows what they would have done if they caught the ball, and it is not fair to judge him because of it. Right now, I would probably give it back but when I was 21 in college and was broke, I would probably have sold it. To each his own.

I would take 150- 200 grand anytime for a dang baseball,lol

And yes to each their own,I would sell it in a heart beat and I am 50 with a house and 2 cars,no where near rich but still would not pass on 150- 200 grand,lol

Comment

Working...
                        X