Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently came across a card that I didn't have with the others since it was kept in the original package . . . I'm reminded too that it didn't appear in "the book" when I got one back in 2007, either.

It's the 1998 Fleer 23K Gold Mark McGwire 62 HR commemorative card. (to clarify, I'm talking about what's in the attached photo)

Can anyone tell me anything about this with regards to book value, and consequently if it's worth holding onto?
    Last edited by Glenn9999; 01-20-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• There's a ProMint McGwire Fleer 'Smashing the Record' #1 that books for $10.
      My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

Comment

• I put a scan of what I am talking about with the post, hopefully that will help.

Comment

• Yeah, for one reason or another, I can't find pricing on items like these. Is there a weight listed? Or is it gold plated? You may want to talk with a jeweler on this one to get a better idea. What is it numbered out of?
          My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

Comment

• That card was sold individually, like it is in the picture. If I remember right, it's been a long time, when they came out they were originally selling for about $29. However, they didn't move real fast and several places reduced the cost. I might be wrong, but I don't think Beckett lists cards that are produced/sold individually. Everything I see in Beckett, that is priced, seems to come from boxes of products. The card you're talking about did not come from a boxed product.

Have a good day.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
            Baseball HOFers Autos I need
            Orioles Autos I need
            Baseball HOFers GU I need
            Orioles GU I need
            Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
            However other offers will be considered

Comment

• Originally posted by revghost View Post
              Yeah, for one reason or another, I can't find pricing on items like these. Is there a weight listed? Or is it gold plated? You may want to talk with a jeweler on this one to get a better idea. What is it numbered out of?
              I see it anywhere from $3 to $30 on e-bay which is why I asked. I saw one person even cracked the packaging and had it PSA graded. I would think though, this would be the one case where the original packaging would be worth more than a PSA grade/seal (if it stays unopened, it should be a PSA 10, I would think).

As for OriolesFan comment, I think it was originally purchased for $15. But like I said originally it's hard to find any information at all about the card. If it's "limited edition", how many in the total run, how was it made (probably 23K gold plated cardboard, just complete gold flake like in the later Topps cards), etc. The card I scanned up above has a serial number in the high 80000's, so my feeling is it's quite not as much "limited edition" as Fleer wanted people to think.

But again, I have no information on the card, and no one seems to have any all the times I've searched for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn9999 View Post
                I see it anywhere from $3 to $30 on e-bay which is why I asked. I saw one person even cracked the packaging and had it PSA graded. I would think though, this would be the one case where the original packaging would be worth more than a PSA grade/seal (if it stays unopened, it should be a PSA 10, I would think).

As for OriolesFan comment, I think it was originally purchased for $15. But like I said originally it's hard to find any information at all about the card. If it's "limited edition", how many in the total run, how was it made (probably 23K gold plated cardboard, just complete gold flake like in the later Topps cards), etc. The card I scanned up above has a serial number in the high 80000's, so my feeling is it's quite not as much "limited edition" as Fleer wanted people to think.

But again, I have no information on the card, and no one seems to have any all the times I've searched for it.
                Just because a card is brand new and still in it's original packaging doesn't make it a Graded 10. A grade is based on several factors that include centering and surface appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                  Just because a card is brand new and still in it's original packaging doesn't make it a Graded 10. A grade is based on several factors that include centering and surface appearance.
                  I would say so, especially after I got my PSA order back...sheesh, I thought I had at least a clue on grading cards.

Comment

• Is anyone pricing baseball lately??

Ive got a little list I'd like priced to enter a draft here on the site.....would someone be so kind to look up some bv's for a feller?

2008 SPX Lance Broadway Rookie Signatures RC auto #108
                    2012 Allen and Ginter Russell Martin encased mini relic AGR-RMA
                    2012 Allen and Ginter Michael Young encased mini relic AGR-MY
                    2013 Gypsy Queen Alex Gordon encased mini relic GQMR-AG
                    1999 Topps Josh Girdley Certified Auto Issue TA14
                    2004 Topps Chrome Logan Kensing Cert. Auto Issue RC #245
                    2012 Panini Limited Steve Finley "Limited Greats" auto #rd205/499, No. 33
                    2010 Bowman Cesar Valdez Cert. Auto Issue BPA-CV
                    2012 Bowman Platinum Joe Ross auto AP-JR
                    2013 Bowman Chrome Adam Eaton RC auto ACR-AE
                    2013 Gypsy Queen Ian Kennedy encased mini relic GQMR-IKE
                    2012 Allen and Ginter Tyler Skaggs encased mini auto AGA-TS
                    2013 Bowman Chrome Yeison Asencio RC auto BCA-YA #rd 129/500
                    2013 Topps Chrome Tyler Skaggs RC base auto #88
                    2013 Bowman Chrome Tyler Skaggs RC auto ACR-TS #rd 80/500
                    2013 Topps Tyler Skaggs Chasing History auto CHA-TS
                    2013 Topps Museum Collection Wade Miley auto AA-WMI
                    2011 Bowman Sterling Collin Cowgill auto BSP-CC
                    2013 Gypsy Queen James Sheild base auto GQA-JSH
                    2012 Bowman Platinum Jaff Decker bat/auto AR-JD
                    2013 Inception Adam Eaton RC on-card auto RA-AE
                    2013 Inception Gioskar Amaya RC on-card auto PA-GA
                    2013 Inception Kevin Pillar RC on-card auto PA-KP
                    2013 Inception Eddie Butler RC on-card auto PA-EB

Thank you , thank you, thank you , thank you in advance.
                    Currently looking for:
                    Football: The Gronk!
                    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

• 2008 SPX Lance Broadway Rookie Signatures RC auto #108 $8
                      2012 Allen and Ginter Russell Martin encased mini relic AGR-RMA $8
                      2012 Allen and Ginter Michael Young encased mini relic AGR-MY $8
                      2013 Gypsy Queen Alex Gordon encased mini relic GQMR-AG $10
                      1999 Topps Josh Girdley Certified Auto Issue TA14 "Don't see this card listed" If this card is actually a 2000, then it's $15
                      2004 Topps Chrome Logan Kensing Cert. Auto Issue RC #245 $10
                      Last edited by jwgreen68; 01-24-2014, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• 2012 Panini Limited Steve Finley "Limited Greats" auto #rd205/499, No. 33 "No listing"
                        2010 Bowman Cesar Valdez Cert. Auto Issue BPA-CV $8
                        2012 Bowman Platinum Joe Ross auto AP-JR $8
                        2013 Bowman Chrome Adam Eaton RC auto ACR-AE $8
                        2013 Gypsy Queen Ian Kennedy encased mini relic GQMR-IKE $8
                        2012 Allen and Ginter Tyler Skaggs encased mini auto AGA-TS "No Allen and Ginter listed" If it's actually a 2013 then it's $10
                        Last edited by jwgreen68; 01-24-2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• 2013 Bowman Chrome Yeison Asencio RC auto BCA-YA #rd 129/500 $10
                          2013 Topps Chrome Tyler Skaggs RC base auto #88 $8
                          2013 Bowman Chrome Tyler Skaggs RC auto ACR-TS #rd 80/500 $10

Comment

• 2013 Topps Tyler Skaggs Chasing History auto CHA-TS $10
                            2013 Topps Museum Collection Wade Miley auto AA-WMI $12

Comment

• Does anyone know the bv's of these two ---

2011 TOPPS Marquee Gametime Mementos quad gu #GMQR-13 Justin Verlander

2013 TOPPS A&G #AGR-MSZ Max Scherzer gu

Thanks for any help. Have a good day, Rodney

Orioles Autos I need
                              Orioles GU I need

Comment

• Doesn't anyone know the bv's of the two cards I posted in post #509? Thanks for your help.

Orioles Autos I need
                                Orioles GU I need

Comment

Working...
                                X