Cheap Cool Cards #19: Paul Konerko Auto & GU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cool Cards #19: Paul Konerko Auto & GU

Right now is the perfect time to collect cards. The market is so saturated with autographs and memorabilia cards that you can build a pretty nice collection even if you're on a tight budget.

I recently put together two-thirds of a Paul Konerko sports card trifecta for $2.75. If you follow baseball, then you've heard of Konerko. He's a fifteen year veteran, who has been an MLB all-star five times. Here's just a peek at some of his career accomplishments:

1994 First Round Draft Pick (13th - LA Dodgers)
    1997 Baseball America Minor League Player of the Year Award
    2004 Sporting News Comeback Player of the Year Award
    2005 A.L.C.S. MVP Award
    2005 World Series Champion
    396 Home Runs (MLB Career)
    .282 Batting Average (MLB Career)
    9 Grand Slams (MLB Career)

Are you these Cooperstown worthy statistics? Probably not. But his career isn't over yet. He's still the captain of the White Sox, who's wrapping up another solid season at the plate. And best of all.. he's affordable.

Which athletes do you consider to be underrated & affordable?

Happy Tuesday everyone. Enjoy the rest of your week. Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Hey bro,

Nice pick-ups mate! I also have 3 Konerko items in my PC. As for players I love to watch play the game, I pick up 1 Auto, 1 RC, & 1 #'d GU or preferably a GU Patch. Then I'll seal 'em in a team bag & place them in a vault! In my opinion, I believe Konerko is a HOF'er but I don't really follow baseball all that much. One thing I can confirm, since the post steroid era has begun, this is one of the few guys still putting up monster numbers. He's in my PC because of his hard work ethic & lack of attention needed. These greedy "Prima-Donna's" drive me nuts, lol. Thanks for sharing!

Robbo

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Robbo. I do something similar to you... I put each card into their own top loader, then team bag them... then throw all three into a graded card sleeve. Keeps them nice and organized.

I'm impressed with his work ethic too... and I'm not too fond of prima-donnas either.

Originally posted by Blue&GoldRobbo View Post
      Hey bro,

Nice pick-ups mate! I also have 3 Konerko items in my PC. As for players I love to watch play the game, I pick up 1 Auto, 1 RC, & 1 #'d GU or preferably a GU Patch. Then I'll seal 'em in a team bag & place them in a vault! In my opinion, I believe Konerko is a HOF'er but I don't really follow baseball all that much. One thing I can confirm, since the post steroid era has begun, this is one of the few guys still putting up monster numbers. He's in my PC because of his hard work ethic & lack of attention needed. These greedy "Prima-Donna's" drive me nuts, lol. Thanks for sharing!

Robbo
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X