2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball Box Break Recap and Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball Box Break Recap and Review

There are certain card releases that collectors can’t wait to open. Topps Triple Threads is one of them. Year after year, collectors clamor for this product. This year, 2011 Topps Triple Treads Baseball comes with a major change, an additional hit per mini box. So each mini box now contains one autographed relic and one relic card, bringing the total number of hits per master box to four.

Topps Triple Treads Baseball falls under our premium cards category. Each box contains two mini boxes with 7 cards per mini. In addition to the autographed relic and relic card, each mini contains sequentially numbered base cards in regular and shorter printed parallels.

Here are all of the cards we pulled from our box.

Base Cards #/1500

Stan Musial - Front and back

Darryl Strawberry, Mel Ott

Carlos Santana, Rickey Henderson

Roy Campanella

Sepia Parallels #/625

Johnny Bench, Josh Johnson

Emerald Parallel #/249

Tony Gwynn

The Hits

Starlin Castro Gold Unity Auto Relic #25, Fergie Jenkins Gold Unity Relic #/9

Redemption Card - Ian Desmond Rookie/Future Phenoms Auto Relic Gold #/25

Matt Kemp Letter Plus Relics Booklet Card #/3 - Front

Matt Kemp Letter Plus Relics Booklet Card #/3 - Inside

Overall Look
    I’m not the biggest fan of the base card design here. The contrasting patterns and lines are not that appealing to me. In addition, there is some photography that has already been used earlier in the year in other releases. But Triple Threads makes up for this ten fold in the design of the hit cards. Kudos to Topps for the unity cards with interlinking backgrounds. Take a look at the Castro and Jenkins cards above. When you put them side by side, they form two thirds of Wrigley Field. Great idea that separates these hit cards from others issued this year. The other hit cards look great too.

Quality and Variety of Players
    The majority of the checklist is high quality and in line with the feel of Triple Threads from years past.

Do the Hits satisfy?
    It is funny, some of the hits here are so desirable, it can make you loose sight that the other hits are really good too. Are some of the sayings cheesy? Yes and anything that brings fun to collecting is good by me. (But there are some real groaners.)

Will you keep coming back for more?
    For some collectors, this is a special occasion box, one that they look forward to each year. For collectors with deep products, a case is an easy purchase that should yield some monster hits.

Rating

4 1/2 out of 5

2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball delivers again this year while upping its game.

More...
    For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
    sigpic

Sweet break. Too bad you didn't pull one of the Gehrig relics with "Biscuit Pants" as one of the sayings. I will have to do some research as to how that applies to Gehrig, but maybe he got hungry while playing and kept fresh biscuits stowed away in his trousers. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That Matt Kemp booklet is sweet!
      -Kg

My Bucket: http://www.photobucket.com/kgsportscards/

Comment

Awesome Matt Kemp!
        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...