Thurman or Thruman Munson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman or Thruman Munson?

I was checking out my trio of 1977 Topps, 1977 Topps Burger King, and 1977 Topps Cloth Thurman Munsons when I noticed something interesting about Munson's autograph. See if you can spot anything suspicious among his three signatures:

Need some help? Check out how Mr. Munson spelled his first name on his Burger King card (middle signature). Notice he swapped the "r" and "u" and spelled it "Thruman". Now I may not be the best speller on the planet, but I definitely know how to spell my own name.

In fact after closer inspection, it's fairly obvious that all three facsimile signatures are different... which is completely understandable. However, Munson misspelling his name stirred my curiosity.

But that's what's cool baseball cards... or cardboard in general. I love looking at them and finding "errors" and "variations".

Have a great week... and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X