2012 Bowman Platinum Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Bowman Platinum Review

I want to thanks Topps for allowing LA Inspiration to review Bowman Platinum.
    What I liked about the product?
    A nice mixture of players including some of the top prospects in the game. The card designs are sharp and stand out when you first look at them. There are plenty of different parallels and inserts to collect. They do have on-card autographs in this product.

What I didn't like about the product?

It's tough to tell which cards are refractors and they use sticker autos for their patch autograph cards. Some of the prospect parallels are numbered but the veteran and rookie cards aren't numbered. They should all be numbered if they are going to do it.

CHECKLIST:
    Bowman is usually known for a prospect heavy product, but with Platinum they offer a nice variety of veterans and rookies. Topps features some of the best players in the game including Matt Kemp, Mike Trout, and upcoming prospects like Tyler Skaggs and Manny Machado.

DESIGN:
    The base set is amazing and it's one that collectors should enjoy trying to complete. Topps uses some great action shots. The die-cut set looks great as well, different from their past products. The colors they use for the players team is great as well, not just the same one for every team.

FUN FACTOR:
    First time opening Bowman Platinum, so I didn't know what to expect. I'm a sucker for those shiny looking cards and Platinum makes their cards look good. Each box guarantees two on-card autographs and a patch autograph, so you'll be happy with every box. There's even a chance to pull a Yu Darvish autograph.

VALUE:
    It's a higher end product for a product dedicated to prospects. You're guaranteed 3 hits per box which is a lot better than the one guaranteed hit in Bowman or Bowman Chrome. Even though the prospect autographs in Platinum aren't of well-known players, there's a chance to pull some big name players.

(Click Pictures to Enlarge)

FINAL RATINGS:
    Checklist 4.5/5
    Design 4.5/5
    Fun 5/5
    Value 4/5

Total: 18/20

Be on the look out for a MLB Playoffs contest next month. I'll be giving away a couple of cards that were pulled from this box.

I'd like to thank Topps for giving me the opportunity to review this product. For more information on all their products, visit them at www.topps.com.

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Working...
X