• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #32: Sports Memorabilia Smorgasbord

When: Saturday, March 2nd
    Where: De Anza Flea Market
    What: A Medley of Memorabilia
    How Much: $37

Last weekend, I set up as a vendor for the first time in a while and ended up with around $40 in sales. Unfortunately, I spent most of it on a variety of acquisitions.

Purchase #1: My Buddy's Two Dollar Bin$14

One of the guys I set up with had a table with a bunch of knick-knacks. It's hard for me to walk away from cheap boxes, so I grabbed the 1991 Collegiate Collection Florida Seminoles box and a 1987 Topps Sticker box. He also had a bunch of bobble heads, so I grabbed four 2001 Upper Deck Play Makers Ichiros and a 2002 Billy Martin minor league SGA (not pictured).

Purchase #2: My Buddy's One Dollar Bin$14

He also had a bin with magazines, photos, and a bunch of other flat items. As soon as he told me everything was a buck, I started digging. Here's what I grabbed:

2001 Ichiro All-Star Cachet

A Bunch of Magazines

1988 Grenada Stamp Sheets

Randy Jones Autographed 8x10

Purchase #3: 1978 Topps Three's Company Sticker Set$4

This was one of the greatest television shows from my childhood and there was no way I was walking away from this set. Suzanne Somers is all over this set. She appears on twenty-seven of the forty-four stickers. Unfortunately, while most of my friends preferred Chrissy, I always had a thing for Joyce DeWitt.

Purchase #4: 1999 Jim Plunkett SLU$5

Here's the newest addition to my Stanford Cardinals PC. I've been looking for this figure for awhile now and thought about buying one on eBay. I'm glad I waited. Some people will say that $5 is way too much for a SLU... especially a 1999 figure. But the fact is... it would have cost me $5 in shipping fees alone.

At the end of the day, I never ended up finding the "Wow Factor". However, I walked away with a few nice additions to my PC. I'm especially excited to from the Randy Jones photo and hang it up in my office.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X