Not Created Equally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Created Equally

I haven't busted wax packs at the local card shop in years. However... once upon a time, I was one of those guys standing around pointing at boxes and busting packs in search of the next big hit.

And on one of those occasions... I lucked out and pulled this 1998 Donruss Signature "Significant Signatures"autograph of the late, great Stan "The Man" Musial:

Pretty sweet... right? Wrong. If you look carefully at the bottom edge, the card was damaged in the packaging process:

For years, I made the most of a bad situation and this card has been the centerpiece of my Damaged Card PC. But recently with the purchase of the Sandy Koufax autograph from this set... I've been contemplating putting together this set full of hall of famer signatures.

This eventually led me to using some leftover birthday funds on this:

It's an upgraded copy without the embossed bottom edge. And now that I have the Koufax, Musial, Mattingly, Ozzie, Ryan, Killebrew, Hunter, and Banks... I'm at the point where I think I'm going to pull the trigger and build the set.

So if anyone out there has any of these autographs for trade or sale, let me know what you're looking for in return.

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X