Nifty 90's: I Love Gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty 90's: I Love Gold!

If there was ever a "peak" to my collecting years... it was probably the "90's". Back then, I collected almost anything related to sports and sports cards. Which means... I even collected those limited edition 23kt gold cards that were being sold on late night sports collectible shows.

I remember owning a Cal Ripken Jr.commemorative gold plated card along with several Michael Jordangold cards too. These days you can routinely find them at flea markets and garage sales for a fraction of the price.

Here's a 1996 Bleacher's Ken Griffey Jr. Diamond Stars23kt gold card that I recently added to my collection:

The card came in a specially marked box that points out to prospective buyers that each card is individually serial numbered and only produced during the course of 10 striking days.

And if that wasn't good enough, Bleachers also included a Certificate of Authenticity that certifies that Mr. Griffey himself approves of this product.

So what are you waiting for? Head down to your bank, pull out wads of cash, and start investing in 23kt gold cards before you miss the boat and they get red hot again..

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X