• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #53a: A Old/New Flea Market

When: Saturday, January 18th
    Where: Branham High School Flea Market
    What: A Pennant, Some 45's, And A SLU
    How Much?: $9

I've been meaning to head out to this flea market for a few months now, but I've just been too lazy. Years ago, my old roommate and I went a few times. It was pretty small and didn't leave a positive impression, so we eventually stopped going. That's probably why I wasn't motivated to try it out again.

Anyways... it's a three day weekend for me, so I decided to give it a shot and I'm pretty glad I did. I ended up making four purchases. However I'm going to split it up into two posts to keep things at a reasonable length.

Purchase #1: San Diego Padres Pennant$5

My first purchase was this cool, vintageSan Diego Padrespennant that has 1969 stamped on it. My buddy was asking $10 for it, but told me I could have it for $5. Sounded good to me. Now I just need to find a place to hang it.

Purchase #2: Eight 45's$1

I pretty much wasted a dollar on this purchase, but at the time I just couldn't pass these 45's up. They totally took me back to my childhood. As you'll soon see... I listen to a wide range of music:

America - Sister Golden Hair

Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off

Elton John - Tiny Dancer

Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Derek And The Dominos - Layla

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

The Monkees - I'm A Believer

Kool And The Gang - Celebration

Purchase #3: 1989 Kenner Baseball Greats SLU Bench/Rose$3

My third and fourth purchases came from the same vendor who sold me the Burger Chef trays two months ago. I started things off by grabbing this Pete Rose/Johnny Benchtwo pack. The packaging was pretty heavily damaged, so I popped them open and added two new cards to my Kenner SLUcard collection and two new SLU's to my shelf.

Here's a closer look:

I also picked up a handful of vintageBowmanbaseball cards from this guy. But I'll save that for tomorrow's post.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X