Ask And Thou Shall Receive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask And Thou Shall Receive

Sometimes it pays off to bow down to the Cardboard Gods. That's what I did and now I'm the proud owner of this gloriousGwynn:

If you're not familiar with this card, it's part of the 1999 Century Legends Epic Signaturesset and it has been a card I have been trying to track down off and on since its release in June of 1999.

Why the obsession? Well it's pretty simple... Tony Gwynn is my favorite baseball player of all-time and this is one of my favorite autograph sets. Upper Deck'singenious decision to use a light, black and white photo of Tiger Stadium as a background allowed the athlete's on-card autograph to stand out and be the focal point of the card right next to the portrait shot of the player.

Anyways... getting back to the higher beings. Back in December, Eric over at The Snorting Bull posted his copy of this card and intense feelings of envy overcame me (exaggeration is totally underrated). The Cardboard Gods must have been reading my thoughts, because sixteen days later a copy popped up on eBay. A week after that, I won the auction with a bid of $42.01 (free shipping).

But it gets better... I had $22.22 in eBay Bucks, so I ended up paying only $19.79 for this amazing addition to my San Diego Padres PC.

Okay... it's time to get back into my old ways and submit a question of the day. Here is today's:

What are some of your favorite autographed card sets?

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X