Domo Arigato: Wes @ Jaybarkerfan's Junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domo Arigato: Wes @ Jaybarkerfan's Junk

I'm on the verge of quitting. Every time I try to square things up with Sir Jaybarkerfan... he immediately sends another package. How does he do it? Where does he find all of these cards? And when will this madness end?

His latest care package was most impressive. The first six cards I saw left me sitting in my office... mouth drooling, eyes wide open, and fingers a-twichin'.

To the average collector these six cards might look like your typical 1972 Toppsbaseball cards. But to me, they're the final six cards to my 1972 ToppsOakland A'steam set.

I started building this team set over three years ago, but immediately hit a brick wall when I realized that the sixth series, high numbers aren't sitting in dime boxes at card shows or in grab bags at flea markets. But thanks to Wes the quest is over. However... that leaves me the problem of paying him back.

Wait... it gets worse. His care package was loaded with...

Oakland A's

Montreal Expos

San Diego Padres

Seattle Seahawks

Japanese Players

And oh yeah... my firstSan Diego Padresone of one:

Now... do you understand my problem? Wes... you're insane! I have no idea how you do it, but I truly appreciate every piece of cardboard you send my way.

And I know it won't be easy... but I will find some Atlanta Braves, Arizona Cardinals, and Crimson Tidealumni for your collection one way or another.

Unfortunately... that will only motivate you to send another package and guess what... we're back to square one.

Thanks Wes! Give me a few weeks to find some stuff for you.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

FUJI - not sure if you are big into non-certified autos, but Diego Segui is near 100% on returning through the mail and I work with Denny McLain's daughter in law (she is married to Denny Jr.). If you ever want me to get a card of Denny signed, let me know. She doesn't make it to Detroit too often and his health is getting pretty bad (he is well over 300 pounds), but it is worth a shot!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
    X