Flea Market Finds #162: Tequila Flavored Pistachios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #162: Tequila Flavored Pistachios

Spring Break is over. Tomorrow I'm back in the classroom. That means going to bed early tonight and allowing my body to adjust to my work schedule. So I apologize in advance for this short post, but I'm hoping to be in bed within the next hour or two.

When: Sunday, April 27th
    Where: Capitol Flea Market
    What: Pistachios and a Baseball Card Set
    How Much?: $9

Purchase #1: 8oz. Bag of Tequila Pistachios$5

Not sure what the deal was... but there were a bunch of empty spaces at the flea market this morning. And since there were only a fraction of vendors... that resulted in a lot less collectibles to attract my attention.

But thankfully... tequila flavored pistachios saved the day. They were delicious and provided me with something to do while I walked around. Sort of like popping sunflower seeds into your mouth while waiting in the dugout for your at bat.

Purchase #2: 1992 Topps Traded Baseball Card Set$4

There were two people with sports cards this morning. One guy had a binder full of random cards I didn't want. The other had a tub of cards... most of which I didn't want. I did however find this traded set, which contains a Nomah rookie card, so I asked the gentleman how much he wanted.

He replied $15 to $20. I didn't bother finding out the exact price, because we weren't even in the same ballpark. On my second run through the flea market, I stopped by again. This time he offered it to me for $7. I told him I'd think about it as I popped a pistachio in my mouth.

On my way out, I remembered the set and went back to the guy. I offered him $4 and he accepted. Makes me wonder if he would have accepted that price the first time I talked to him.

Today's question of the day...

Which would you rather have? Tequila flavored pistachios? Or a 1992 Topps Traded set?

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Are you planning on keeping it as a complete set? If you plan on breaking it up, there are a few commons from that set I'd be interested in. If not, no big deal.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
    X