• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #63: Minis, a Mascot, and a Movie

When: Saturday, May 3rd
    Where: De Anza Flea Market
    What: Vintage Baseball, a Bobble Head, and a DVD
    How Much?: $20

In terms of finding collectibles at the flea market, it was a pretty slow weekend. Both of the ones I attended were full of vendors, but neither had anything that "wow" worthy. It's either I've been spoiled and my standards are too high or maybe there's just more competition. It's pretty common for me to see familiar faces who are also treasure hunting.

Anyways... here's the booty I grabbed last weekend...

Purchase #1: 1975 Topps Minis$7

They're in poor shape. There aren't any superstars. And a few of them are very badly miscut.

But they're '75 Toppsminis... one of the coolest test issues of all-time. They cost me around 7ยข each (ignore the price on the box). And I needed a few singles for my Padres and ExposPC's.

In the end, the pro's outweighed the con's, so I purchased the lot.

Purchase #2: 2001 Stomper Bobble Head$10

This is one of those retail bobble heads produced by Alexander Global back in the early 2000's. They were mass produced, but they're rock solid and hand painted. I can't wait to add it to the Oakland A'sshelf in my office.

Purchase #3: The Pride of the Yankees DVD$3

One of my golden rules is to never spend more than $2 for a DVD, but every now and then I'm forced to break it. This is one of my favorite sports movies and it's still sealed. If you've never seen this movie and you're a fan of baseball... then you're totally missing out. I'm not a fan of the New York Yankees, but ever since I saw this movie as a kid... I've admired The Iron Horse.

Okay... it's that time again. Today's questions are...

1975 Topps Minis: Love 'em? or Leave 'em?

How many bobble heads do you own?

Have you ever watched The Pride Of The Yankees? Did you like it?

Please feel free to answer one, none, or some of the questions. The number of responses to my questions these past few weeks have been amazingly awesome. I hope you enjoy reading each other's answers as much as I am. It's one of my favorite things about being a blogger. Thank you to each and every one of you who have taken a few moments out of your daily lives to read and comment on these posts.

Happy Cinco de Mayo and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X