Gigantic Gwynn Generosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigantic Gwynn Generosity

At the end of April, T.J. over at The Cardboard Connection Forum contacted me about this 2013 Topps Silver Slugger Award Winners Trophycard:

I'm always looking to add a new Tony Gwynncard to the collection, so I took the bait and asked him what he wanted in return. He told me to think of it as a "congratulations on my 1,000th post" present.

If you've never seen these Silver Sluggercards, they're super thick, heavy, and are definitely unique. In addition to the Gwynn, he also sent me this Bazookainsert for my Ichiro PC:

T.J. recently started his own blog: The Parade of Chromes. You'd be doing me a huge favor if you checked out his blog. But be prepared... he's a New York Yankees fan.

The same dayT.J'spackage arrived, I received another package from a different Cardboard Connection Forummember: ucffans. Brett is no stranger to this blog. He's sent several packages in the past and a few weeks ago he asked me if I was a fan of Dan Fouts.

I grew up in the 80's watching a lot of Oakland Raidersgames, so of course I love Dan Fouts. A few days ago this showed up in my mailbox:

Thank youT.J. and Brett! I'm sorry it took a few extra days to open up these packages. But I wanted to let you know that both of your giftscheered me up after a rough couple of days.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X