Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Heritage Box. Suggestions? Thoughts? Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Heritage Box. Suggestions? Thoughts? Interest?

I bought a Topps Heritage box today. Went home and ripped it, and across all 24 packs, two cards per pack had a mismatch of player front/ player back.

For example, I have a card with Bryce Harper's photo on the front and Aaron Judge's stats on the back. I also have a card with Aaron Judge's photo and Bryce Harper's stats on the back. I looked in the variation guide and this was not planned I don't believe.

Basically I have 48 cards that are just mis-prints, and I only have the mismatched pairs for 28 of them.

Any thoughts on what to do here? Has anyone here seen this before? Photos linked here and below.

hI7udC2.jpg
    8X8JQ9I.jpg
    03ory7I.jpg

These are very interesting pulls. I suppose the benefit is that you have the pairs of each player. There are many variations of Heritage this year so perhaps more information will come out soon.
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

There were actually a handful i didn't have matches for. Overall i had 14 sets (28 cards) that were matches, and 20 that are just flat out misprints.

Comment

Does any of them have an A's player, front or back?
        TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
        A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Wrong back errors have been around for decades and usually command a little premium for star/rc's. Also, certain player/team collectors will pay a slight premium.

This year, I've seen almost a dozen case breaks and wrong backs are not rare. In fact, one breaker said he had 48 wrong back errors in one box, rest of case was fine. He said each pack had 2 errors.

I'd treat them as an SP, but with a slight premium. Don't treat them as commons.

Bill
          Please visit my website

Bill's Discount Card Site

Comment

Working...
          X