Sufferin' Succotash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sufferin' Succotash

Confused. Frustrated. Discombobulated. That's how I felt after the Russell Wilson decided to throw the ball instead of hand it off to Mr. Lynch.

Nineteen hours later, I'm feeling a little better... but I can't help but shake my head every time I think about that play. So since today is kind of a SMH Monday... I figured I'd re-share some cards that have left me confused, frustrated, or discombobulated in the past:

Confusing!

It's been over two decades... and I'm still wondering why Score decided to use this photograph of Canseco.

Frustrating!

With Bruce Jenner back in the headlines this week, I figured it's perfect time to bring this card out of the vault. I understand why companies have athletes sign stickers. I even understand the lack of team logos on some cards. But cards without a photograph? That's completely ridiculous!

And according to Merriam-Webster... if you take "confused" and you combine it with "frustrated", you get "discombobulated"... which is how I feel every time I look see cards like this:

Discombobulating!

Take five seconds to stare at this card. Finished? This card is horrible on so many levels. Since when does a white label attached to an index card constitute a "cut signature"? Thankfully I have the perfect place in my collection for this atrocity: my Damaged Card PC (see upper right corner).

I'll wrap this post up with two more cards that left me shaking my head:

Who thought it was a good idea to create cards of Paniniemployees? And if you forgot... Topps did something similar a few years earlier:

Sadly, the more appropriate question is... why did I buy these cards?

How about you?

Are there any cards that leave you feeling confused, frustrated, or discombobulated?

By the way... congratulations New England Patriots and Katy Perryfans! I'm glad some of you walked away from yesterday'sSuper Bowl without shaking your heads.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X