The Oxymoron Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oxymoron Collection

Since I was first introduced to serial numbered cards sometime in the early to mid 90's... I've had a slight fascination with cards depicting unique serial numbers. Two decades later, I'm officially starting a PC of them.

Now I get that "unique serial numbers" is an oxymoron since every serial numbered card is supposedly unique, so please allow me to clarify. I'm tracking down the first serial numbered card in the run (example: 001/399), as well as cards that are serial numbered with the player's jersey number.

So far I've managed to obtain the following:

2013 Five Star Rainbow Autograph #AG

This card actually killed two birds with one stone, since I also happen to collect autographs from 2013 Five Star as well.

2011 Certified Fabric of the Game Prime #59

I picked up this card earlier in the month at the GTSM Card Show for $3. Like the Gonzalez, this particular card fits into two PC's since Bartkowski is a formerCal Bear.

2014 Topps Tribute Green #40 and 74

Last year a friend of mine broke a case of 2014 Topps Tribute and 2014 Topps Museum Collection. He kept all of the hits and a few of the big name base cards, but sold me the rest of the base cards and numbered parallels for $20. These two cards were part of that purchase.

2007-08 OPC Premier Silver Spectrum #117

I purchased this card a few years ago when Setoguchi was still considered a future star and probably paid way too much. Regardless... this is still one of my favorite cards in my San Jose Sharkscollection.

I also discovered a few more sitting in my insert binders...

2006 Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP35

2005 UD Hall of Fame Green #53

2004 Playoff Honors Game Day #GS7

2002 Topps Tribute Lasting Impressions #82

I'm pretty sure I have a few more of these floating around my collection, but for now... that's the Number 1's I have to share.

As for serial numbered cards with the player's jersey number... I know I have a Jerry Riceinsert sitting somewhere at my parent's house. And two weeks ago, I found this A-Rod to keep it company:

2003 UD Ultimate Collection Jersey #AR

Rodriguez currently wears #13 on his jersey, but during his years with Texas and Seattle, he wore #3. Jersey Coast Collectibles had this on sale for $1.50, so I pulled the trigger and grabbed it.

I also managed to dig this card up as well...

2002 Elite Passing the Torch #PT17

Maybe I'll start collecting "final" serial numbered cards too. I guess it just depends if I can find them at the right price. For the time being... I'm willing to buy all of the "first cards in the run" and cards serial numbered with the player's jersey number that you can find me... and I'll pay you TOP DOLLAR. Let's say $10 per card. I'll pay much, much more for memorabilia cards and autographs.

Happy April Fool's Day!

In all honesty... I've manage to add these to my collection without paying too much of a premium. It's one of those cool novelties that will look awesome in a binder... but not so awesome that I'll fall for those silly eBay One of Onelistings.

Happy Hump Day! And sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X