Cheap Cool Cards #27: 1961 Fleer Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cool Cards #27: 1961 Fleer Baseball

Are you a fan of vintage baseball cards?Do you collect hall of famers?Are you a penny-pinching, bargain bin hunting collector like myself?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then 1961 Fleerbaseball cards might be for you. A few years ago, I picked up this Mickey Cochrane off of COMC for $6:

If slabbed copies aren't your thing... you can buy raw copies on COMC for under $2:

That's not bad for a fifty-four year old piece of cardboard featuring one of the greatest catchers of all-time. To top it off... the set's design is solid. The stars, stripes, and pennant on the front give this set an America'sfavorite pastime vibe, while the card backs feature a brief summary about the player and their career totals. I also really like the way Fleer utilized a trophy cup to number their cards.

It's your turn folks...

What are your thoughts on 1961 Fleer baseball? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Happy Flashback Friday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X