Blaster Box Buffoonery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blaster Box Buffoonery

There's an old saying that goes something like this...

Bottom line... if you keep getting suckered by the same trick... then you've got nobody to blame except yourself.

And that's exactly why my new nickname should be the "Blaster Box Buffoon". Why? Well... each and every year, I tell myself not to get lured into buying blaster boxes. But guess what? Each and every year, I still do.

Now before I get into yesterday's huge blaster box shopping spree at Target, I'd like to preface things by stating the following:

I respect the fact that plenty of you guys enjoy your blasters... and that's your Cardboard God given right.

But after busting these four boxes, I was quickly reminded of why I always walk away shaking my head. See for yourself:

The two boxes of Stadium Club were the lone bright spot in this purchase. I only pulled seven inserts/parallels, but at least I walked away with over 50 new singles for my set. Everything else including the inserts and parallels will go towards the Super Tradersgroup that Wes and Brian put together.

The third box I busted was 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter. Overall this box produced the most inserts and parallels. Although five of them were non-sports related.

My favorite card out of this box was the Aokimini... which will be heading over to Adam at ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession.

The last box was a blaster of 2014 Topps Heritage that was actually purchased awhile back, but I figured I might as well include it with the rest of these blasters.

Compared to my Target blaster from two years ago... this box was a straight up bust. Last time, I pulled 16 inserts, short prints, or parallels. This time there were only five. Now I accept that not every box is going to have eight purple refractors, but this box lacked 1st Draft and New Age Performersinserts, plus had one lessSP. I guess you get what you pay for.

These blasters weren't a total waste of money. I relished in about fifteen minutes of entertainment while opening the packs. Plus... now I have some cards to send out to fellow Super Traders. Unfortunately... there wasn't nearly enough value in these boxes to justify this purchase.

That's why... I will use this experience as a reminder to avoid retail boxes from this day forward. And if by chance I slip... the do me a favor and remind me to watch that video again... because like President Bush said... I just "can't get fooled again."

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X