Flea Market Finds #112: Lunch Pails, Cards, and Bobbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #112: Lunch Pails, Cards, and Bobbles

I wish they sold Miralax for bloggers... because I'm totally backed up. There are a bunch of items I've picked up over the past few months that I'd like to share with you guys, but there just hasn't been enough time to sit down and write about them. I guess it's better than not having anything to write about.

Back in mid-September, I went to the Branham Flea Market which is a monthly flea market with about 100vendors. It's small compared to the other flea markets in my area, but it has the same number (if not more) of sports memorabilia vendors.

Purchase #1: 3200ct. Box$5

I found a woman who was cleaning out her house and selling off her son's baseball card collection. Her son became a teenager last year and is no longer interested in collecting cardboard, so she had a pair of 3200ct. boxes and a tub filled with cards. Most of the cards were from the past five years and appeared to be in less than mint condition.

It actually made me smile knowing that there was a kid out there who collected and handled cards without caring about condition. It reminded me of how things were when I started collecting back in the early80's.

Anyways... the woman was asking $8per box, but she accepted my $5 offer. Most of the cards aren't worth shipping to fellow bloggers, but I figured I could hand them out to my students and use them for one of their upcoming projects.

I eventually found the time to sift through the box and found this:

There were also a few other low-end memorabilia cards and autographs that will eventually be sent out in care packages.

I'm not sure if the lady will set up again this month, but if she does... I hope she still has the other 3200ct. box.

Purchase #2: Blemished Bobbles$15

I always enjoy finding discounted stadium giveaway bobbles. Unfortunately... sometimes the price is too good to be true. I was so excited when the guy told me he only wanted $5 for the Bol and $10 for the Posey, that I didn't bother opening up their boxes and actually checking out the bobbles.

Manute'sleft ear was painted to look like a zombie had taken a chunk out of it, while Buster'sleft eye was colored in with a Sharpie. Oh well... win some, lose some.

Purchase #3: 2015 Panini Rookies and Stars Blaster$5

It might not be baseball... but it's an unopened blaster for $5... which is something I just can't pass up.

Purchase #4: Box Bottoms$5

Remember the guy with 25ยขbox bottoms from the lastBranham Flea Market? Well he was back... and this time, I bought the rest of his inventory. He had 28 box bottoms, an uncut magazine sheet, and a few oversized cards which added up to 32 items. He remembered me, hooked me up with a frequent buyer discount, and now has a loyal customer in me.

Purchase #5: Vintage Lunch Pails$6

I don't have the space to store lunch pails. I don't collect lunch pails. And I don't want to start collecting lunch pails. But I just couldn't pass these up for $3each. I'll try to flip them the next time I set up at the flea market. Worst case scenario, I'll bring the Sesame Streetlunch pail to work and display it in my classroom.

Well... that's a wrap. Have a great week. Happy Tuesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X