Rubbing My Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing My Ball

It seems like I'm always reminding my students and myself that life isn't perfect and you're not always going to get what you want. If it was, the Red Sox would have taken down the Indians and the Nationals would have knocked out the Dodgers.

Oh well... you can't win them all. At least two of the teams I was quietly rooting for has moved on to the Championship Series... which means, I'm still very excited and motivated to watchMajor League Baseball.

Today... in honor of the Chicago Cubs and the Toronto Blue Jays, I'm busting out some Munenori Mojo:

I recently added this Munenori Kawasakiautographed Pacific Coast League ball to my collection.

The eBayvendor told me that it was a game used ball from the Iowa Cubs versus the Memphis Redbirdsgame on June 6th, 2016. Obviously a ticket stubdoesn't actually prove that the ball was used in a game. Plus the autographisn't certified, so it could be fake.

Normally this type of item doesn't interest me, but I thought the autograph looked pretty good... and the price made it worth the risk. Only one other person was bidding on this ball, so I was able to win the auction for $7 (+ $5shipping).

I'm not very superstitions... nor do I typically encourage people to rub their balls, but maybe today... I'll take it out of its holder and give it a little rub... in hopes that some Munenori Mojo will help his current and former team reach the World Series.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X