Saturday Night Five: Totally 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Five: Totally 70's

I was born and raised in the 70's, but unfortunately didn't start collecting baseball cards until the early80's. My first packs of baseball cards that I can remember tearing into were 1981 Topps and 1981 Donruss. The first set I owned? 1981 Fleer.

For most of the 80's, I collected whatever was released that year. That trend continued pretty much through the 90's until I sold off the bulk of my collection in the early2000's. Sure I appreciated and enjoyed looking at vintage cards, but they never really fit into my budget.

It wasn't until I jumped back into the hobby in 2008 that I started to add cards from the 50's, 60's, and 70's to my collection. Over the past nine years, I've slowly filled two binders worth of cheap vintage cards.

Tonight I'm responding to Tony's Day 11 Challenge: One of your favorite cards from the 70's.

However I'm totally going to break the rules and post five of my favorites instead...

1971 Topps #118

1974 Topps #330

1975 Topps #625

1977 Topps #640

If you can't figure out what these four cards have in common, just ask Marshawn:

The final card on the list is probably the card I would have selected if I weren't such a rebel:

1976 Topps #564

Okay... it's your turn.

What are some of your favorite 70's cards?

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X