Poster Review: Nike Air Jordan "Wings" Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poster Review: Nike Air Jordan "Wings" Poster

Some sports posters are more iconic than others, and the Nike "Wings" poster is certainly one of them. First off, the poster measures 23 x 72 inches. How many six foot wide posters do you know of? It was difficult just to hang this one up simply because of its sheer size. Obviously, this is part of the appeal of the "Wings" poster. Not only could you have the "Goat" (Greatest Of All Time) on your wall, but even the dimensions of the poster were unlike anything else hanging up on sports fans' walls.

The poster features a black and white MJ soaring with his arms out like an eagle ready for flight. I'm sure many readers can remember imitating Jordan, minus the gargantuan wingspan. I even have a grey Nike long sleeve t-shirt with an image of the poster across the front. There's also an inspirational line on the bottom of the poster from poet William Blake, "No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings".

This classic poster is of course, out of print and difficult to find. Original copies do pop up on eBay from time to time, but it can be difficult to determine if it's indeed an original copy unless the poster comes in its original clear plastic with Nike/UPC sticker. The originals go for a pretty penny, but there are plenty of reprints out there that actually look very good and are reasonably priced. Most sell for right around $17.00 - $20.00.

Good luck in you poster chase and… "Enjoy Every Bounce of the Ball".

More...
    sigpic
    Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE
Working...
X