Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a BGS 10 Pristine card perfect, without 4 10 subgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a BGS 10 Pristine card perfect, without 4 10 subgrades?

I was reading a story on Beckett.com that said a BGS10 Pristine- Fleer Michael Jordan rookie sold for $200,000. When they showed the card, the sub grades were three 10's and a 9.5

My question to you is how can they call that card perfect when one sub grade is not?

doesnt make much sense to me... perfect is ummmm perfect..

Comment

Thats weird...
      sigpic
      Collecting: Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics In Uniform Only! And BTL Autos!
      *I USE PWE'S ON ALL SMALL TRADES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A GU OR AUTO*

Comment

Frank, I totally agree, but if the corners are a 9.5 and not a 10, then the card isn't perfect.

Comment

I think that it's "perfect" because if you add up all of the sub grades and then divide it by 4 you get 9.875.

Beckett would round that up to a 10 so it's perfect

plus, technically the 9.5 also rounds up to 10....
          sigpic

Comment

I thought that the grade had to be no more than the lowest grade on the card.

Dan

Comment

I'll try to find an example on ebay but I don't think so....
              sigpic

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-FLEER-67-CH...item5884b751bc

graded 9.5, centering is 9
                sigpic

Comment

I think they average it out. For example if it grades 3 (10s) and 1 (9.5), they will call it a 10. But if it grades 2 (10s) and 2 (9.5), they will call it a 9.5.

Comment

The rule is that a cards grade can be no more than 0.5 more than its lowest subgrade, so, lowest subgrade = 9.5 and 9.5 + 0.5 = 10
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sportyryan101 View Post
                      The rule is that a cards grade can be no more than 0.5 more than its lowest subgrade, so, lowest subgrade = 9.5 and 9.5 + 0.5 = 10
                      That's right. I just knew that someone would remember how Beckett does it.

Thanks Ryan,

Dan

Comment

No problem.. I remember hearing something similar to this on another site and somebody said that rule...
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X