Happy 235th Birthday America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 235th Birthday America!

I recently picked up 20 packs of 1995 Pro Mags USA basketball and I figured America's birthday was the perfect day to share these with you.

I grabbed these for several reasons: I'm a huge fan of Team USA basketball, I love oddballs and remember these magnets from the 90's, plus they were reasonably cheap ($19.80 + $5 shipping).

The set only contains 10 player magnets and each pack contained 3 magnets. In theory, I should have been able to build a set with four to six packs, so I was hoping for at least 3 sets: one for me, one for my nephew, and one for this contest. However this product's collation was pretty bad and I was only able to complete one set and here it is:

#1 Hakeem Olajuwon
    #2 Glenn Robinson
    #3 Karl Malone
    #4 Shaquille O'Neal
    #5 Reggie Miller
    #6 David Robinson
    #7 John Stockton
    #8 Anfernee Hardaway
    #9 Scottie Pippen
    #10 Grant Hill

The set previewed our 1996 Olympic team assembled by Lenny Wilkens, which took home the Gold Medal in Atlanta. They were labeled the Dream Team III and rightfully so, because it's stacked with six Hall of Famers. Plus, Shaq is guaranteed to make it in too.

I was a huge collector of Big Dog and Penny in the 90's, but I don't see them getting in. And then there's Grant Hill. What do you think? Here's your question of the day:

Will Grant Hill make the basketball Hall of Fame?

By the way, Gary Payton and Mitch Richmond were the only two Dream Team members not included in set.

According to Beckett, Chris Martin Enterprises also produced a die-cut parallel to the set, which is double in value. I didn't come across any of these parallels in my packs, so I'm curious as to how these were distributed.

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Those are cool
    Working on 2007 SPx Baseball Rookies Sub Set

Needs
    104,105,106,107,110,111,117,118,119,120,122,124,12 5,127,128,129,131,132,133,134,135,137,139,140,143, 145,146

Comment

Working...
    X